Thread: MDB closes completely after print command via VBA

MDB closes completely after print command via VBA

In my front-end there is a form where I print, the paper tray can choose among others. More often it happens now that the pop command is not running and instead the complete application (.Mdb) closes. All this runs on a Windows 2003 Terminal Server.!! Since you members have provided me lot of information before, I thought that posting here would be helpful. Any suggestions from your side would be very appreciable. Please help me as soon as possible.

Re: MDB closes completely after print command via VBA

In my front-end there is a form where I print, the paper tray can choose among others. More often it happens now that the pop command is not running and instead the complete application (.Mdb) closes.
    Printer driver update. Better yet, including printer drivers, Delete and reinstall after a reboot. That has possibly a Admin make.

All this runs on a Windows 2003 Terminal Server.
    Possibly. is the user's profile faulty. Creating new things installed and check if UPHC is. If not, make up, absolutely.

Do you ensure that all printers and all profiles are affected? If yes, it could of course be due to the MDB. Have you been a new built and tested? Which version of Access on the TS installed? What SP version has the Access version? The service prevents defective sections quite well. On a TS to Windows 2003 UPHC is actually required.

There are definitely affected completely different printers. Whether it can actually can all now know for sure is difficult, because I do not simply reproduce the problem. It appears just always (often) again. The MDB also exists, as the front end several times, once each in each user profile. I copy, of course, only one new version to the various profiles. I had to create a new one some time ago, when the MDB was somehow corrupt. However, this does pretty much work ...

MS-Access 2003 SP-3. This UPHC - can I just download and run as admin (run over it)?

There are definitely affected completely different printers. Whether it can actually can all now know for sure is difficult, because I do not simply reproduce the problem. It appears just always (often) again.
    OK, and what is remaining with my questions?

This UPHC - can I just download and run as admin (run over it)?
    This should be installed in install mode. Also there should be no Users to be logged out of the admin on the session 0th. Then can not hurt to restart the DS.