Thread: ifort compiler problem under Ubuntu

ifort compiler problem under Ubuntu

Hello,
    I have a problem with the ifort compiler. In the university we are programming with Fortran and the Intel Fortran compiler. That I wanted to at home on my PC running Ubuntu install. I think everything works great. At least I have been working step by step and the two deb packages created for compiler and debugger. Then both installed by double. However, have no idea where. When I compile a small test program now (ifort test.f90) wants in the ifort directory is, does this error message: export: 37: Illegal option-n. Does it matter where the programs are stored, which I translated want? Can someone help me?

Re: ifort compiler problem under Ubuntu

That sounds like it would in the ifort script which does not agree so completely. Perhaps you have a copy & paste error or an error when typing the sed script made? You could take the content of the ifort script post here

Code:
    cat $ (ifort which)
    Or again check carefully whether you when copying of steps from the wiki no error has been made. If you need the 9.1 Use you also change all the version numbers accordingly. If you have made in the Wiki as the instructions, the compiler is under / usr / local install. The executable ends up in / usr / local / bin. And it does not matter where the code that you want to compile is on your system.

I have a small script and it works at the college but when the same script is not compiled on my computer. I've also to take anywhere 9.1.036 9.0 Please be careful and actually I do not think I have devoted myself, but if you see anything wrong here now, I controlled everything again. Thank you in advance. Any more help regarding this appreciated.

The row caused the error:
    Code:
    ! # / Bin / sh export-n IA32ROOT; unset IA32ROOT;
    I guess you're using edgy. Here is the default shell (/ bin / sh) dash, probably the no -export-n knows. The easiest way would the problem be solved by having you in the first line #! / bin / sh by
    Code:
    # / Bin / bash
    replaced, thus selecting the bash shell explicitly. It may also be that the line with the "export-n" is actually completely unnecessary and you could just delete them, but with the change of the shell you should be on the safe side. I am trying on the installation of 9.1 on Edgy, and update the wiki instructions then, if needed. Thank you for your note.

I think you have properly installed, and when you did a report rightly, have you designated your computer packages that you were missing: libmkl.so> not found etc. lists all these packages and will see if they are present in the list of management packs and application installation.

While I have installed libstc + +. So.5 in / usr / lib:
    ls / usr / lib / libstdc + +. so.
    libstdc + +. so.5 libstdc + libstdc + +. so.6 libstdc + +. 6.0.10
    Does anyone have a suggestion? (FYI, I work on Fedora 10, 64-bit).

Hello,

In fact, it's good: I have installed:
    compat-libstdc + +-33.x86_64
    and you're set.