Thread: VLC is unable to open the MRL on mapped drive

VLC is unable to open the MRL on mapped drive

I am running Windows Xp with service pack 3 on my machine and also have VLC .99. I have one a drive named X that is mapped to Buffalo NAS. When browsing to the distribute via network neighborhood and making double clicking on that file it will run. When I make double clicking when in the X: drive it provide me the error: “VLC is unable to open the MRL check the log for details.” Event 17 and event 122 approach on the Application log when I do right clicking on my machine ---- manage ---- Application analyzer. I cannot take more information from that because doing so collide the management console. Is there any clear cause why VLC might be doing this? I like VLC player .

Re: VLC is unable to open the MRL on mapped drive

I am also have same problem on my pc with Linux operating system. I am running Linux and also I run my VLC from a networked machine which has windows 7 OS.I can duplicate the file to the Linux device then play it well, I just cannot play it from the windows machine. The problem is precisely as you stated here on this thread. There is no other information to give you. When I made search on Google for the “unable to open MRL" I found that lots of people is facing same problem. I was clever to play videos then for several cause all of a unexpected I cannot play videos over the network. I am with the newest version of VLC so hit that off the list and the newest updated version of windows 7.

Is there anybody who can give answer bcz everybody is just asking question like I am also going to make a question related to VLC player? I am here for one strange error. My VLC is not able to connect to “video30.cubik.com:7070"., and also not capable to release the MRL “'rtsp://video30.cubik.com:554/ns/pre_badbehaviorFVP350kbps.rm'” I have checked all my logs file but still not getting the solution of this problem. Have anybody has any solution for this? Or I have to make it uninstall it to install some other suitable version?

Apply these settings on you VLC player I hope it will solve your problem. Start tyour VLC player and open the preferences window and now explore the interface and click on the “Main interface”. Here click checked “HTTP remote control interface” and now click on the “HTTP” in the left hand side menu. Now make click on the “Advance option” in the bottom right corner and now write down here one code “localhost:8082” in the bar of host address fileld and "e:\Program Files\VideoLAN\VLC\http" in the source directory field . now you will be able to solve your problem