Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

VLC plugin for Live Messenger

Software Development

Old 18-09-2010

VLC plugin for Live Messenger

Hi! I love to chat on live messenger and I use windows media player to change my status in windows live messenger that is exactly the music what we are listening at present. But now I found that my new installed VLC player is better than window media player because it has some lots of different different feature. But now I want to use VLC plug-in to use as an alternative for window media player to change the status of Windows live at the time music running in VLC.

Old 18-09-2010

Re: VLC plugin for Live Messenger

Hello dear I also have some problem related to VLC player but they are little bit different form all this plugin type. Actually I am using real player and window player from long time but these applications are not enough to play every file so I downloaded a new VLC player and I am filmier to its settings. So my question is that I want to know how to do the “NOW PLAYING” thing. I want to know all the steps exactly. so if you have that knowledge then please send me here on this thread
Old 18-09-2010

Hello I also love the VLC player and first thing about this player is that it can play any type of file like .flv, 3gp, .mp4 etc very simply. And I can understand that if you are new with this player then you will feel difficulty to make it work with live messenger. I have some advance setting may be those steps will help you out there: go to preference and then click interference and go to control interface and then MSN plugin. There you will see the Bottom line replace “MSN” with “msnmsgr” top get it working.
Old 18-09-2010

I have found and also made checked the accurate option in VLC player with version 0.9.9 but when I went to the options in windows live messenger it gave me one big error. I am using version 2009 with build 14.0.8064.206. The error has message that says I must have at least window media player 9 installed on my computer. And I really do not want; I have already removed my all window media player and also I do not want to install the MSNplus. So is anybody as any idea which will allow me to do this without having WMP 9.0? Some peoples are saying that I have to install WMP which I do not want.
Old 18-09-2010

Actually here one person has already placed the right setting but there is some fault which I will try correct here. Note all these in your mind properly and try to work for them: go to preference ---------- now Control interface and click the tick on “NOW PLAYING”. Now you just have to make reboot media player after applying your pluging. Just try to work now I hope it will clear all the problems very smoothly. If you have the version 0.9.8 then it will be somewhat different.
Old 19-09-2010

I am also suffering with this VLC problem as peoples as discussing here. I am running the similar version of VLC and WLM on my machine. I made the suggestion on my machine what u explain here, I set the “now playing” option , it did nothing with my system. I also attempt to change from "msn" to "msnmsgr", but every time I went back to make sure it, VLC changes it to "msn" again. I made one attempt to the Live Messenger Plus plugin, but it did not work properly. Sometimes it just provides the file name and other times it shows every information. The "- -" in the end of the message is also not good. If you people have any suggestion then plz provide me.
Old 19-09-2010

1. I cannot find it working properly. I also do not have plus add on for my live messenger. Steps I made on the machine are: I changed from msn to msnmsgr and then restarted vlc 1.0.1. No modification in status. I used the spy++ device from Visual Studio 6.0 software to grasp the WM, i cannot find anything. I am running windows XP SP3 with latest updates. And now next step for me: I make comple a debug version of plugin and to make it in action Do not know when this will work.Thanks for your time

TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Tags: , , , , , , ,