Thread: VLC plugin for Live Messenger

VLC plugin for Live Messenger

Hi! I love to chat on live messenger and I use windows media player to change my status in windows live messenger that is exactly the music what we are listening at present. But now I found that my new installed VLC player is better than window media player because it has some lots of different different feature. But now I want to use VLC plug-in to use as an alternative for window media player to change the status of Windows live at the time music running in VLC.

Re: VLC plugin for Live Messenger

Hello dear I also have some problem related to VLC player but they are little bit different form all this plugin type. Actually I am using real player and window player from long time but these applications are not enough to play every file so I downloaded a new VLC player and I am filmier to its settings. So my question is that I want to know how to do the “NOW PLAYING” thing. I want to know all the steps exactly. so if you have that knowledge then please send me here on this thread

Hello I also love the VLC player and first thing about this player is that it can play any type of file like .flv, 3gp, .mp4 etc very simply. And I can understand that if you are new with this player then you will feel difficulty to make it work with live messenger. I have some advance setting may be those steps will help you out there: go to preference and then click interference and go to control interface and then MSN plugin. There you will see the Bottom line replace “MSN” with “msnmsgr” top get it working.

I have found and also made checked the accurate option in VLC player with version 0.9.9 but when I went to the options in windows live messenger it gave me one big error. I am using version 2009 with build 14.0.8064.206. The error has message that says I must have at least window media player 9 installed on my computer. And I really do not want; I have already removed my all window media player and also I do not want to install the MSNplus. So is anybody as any idea which will allow me to do this without having WMP 9.0? Some peoples are saying that I have to install WMP which I do not want.

Actually here one person has already placed the right setting but there is some fault which I will try correct here. Note all these in your mind properly and try to work for them: go to preference ---------- now Control interface and click the tick on “NOW PLAYING”. Now you just have to make reboot media player after applying your pluging. Just try to work now I hope it will clear all the problems very smoothly. If you have the version 0.9.8 then it will be somewhat different.

I am also suffering with this VLC problem as peoples as discussing here. I am running the similar version of VLC and WLM on my machine. I made the suggestion on my machine what u explain here, I set the “now playing” option , it did nothing with my system. I also attempt to change from "msn" to "msnmsgr", but every time I went back to make sure it, VLC changes it to "msn" again. I made one attempt to the Live Messenger Plus plugin, but it did not work properly. Sometimes it just provides the file name and other times it shows every information. The "- -" in the end of the message is also not good. If you people have any suggestion then plz provide me.

1. I cannot find it working properly. I also do not have plus add on for my live messenger. Steps I made on the machine are: I changed from msn to msnmsgr and then restarted vlc 1.0.1. No modification in status. I used the spy++ device from Visual Studio 6.0 software to grasp the WM, i cannot find anything. I am running windows XP SP3 with latest updates. And now next step for me: I make comple a debug version of plugin and to make it in action Do not know when this will work.Thanks for your time