Thread: userAccountControl differences

userAccountControl differences

I need some help to find out some issue with the use account control in SQL. I am learning the same and I am new to it. What are the different user accounts provided in the same. I also need to find out some information on objRecordset.Fields("userAccountControl") and objUser.Get("userAccountControl"). What are the difference and I need highlight on the same also like what are the different databases.

Re: userAccountControl differences

There are two types of databases, system and user. The database system can keep track of changes to SQL Server, considered globally. SQL Server uses these databases to implement and manage the system. Indeed, SQL Server uses its own databases to manage itself. The databases created by users are called user databases. The pubs database (sample database provided with SQL Server) is a database user.

When installing SQL Server, four system databases are created master, model, tempdb, and msdb. Each of them will be studied in detail during this lesson. The databases are located in operating system files called units. When installing SQL Server, the setup program creates the units. During installation, SQL Server automatically creates databases within these units, however, you can decide the location of your user databases.

The first of what you had mentioned in your post is used for recordset which is also known as data cable and it is created for the field where it is working. The same work with the other code and on the same the data is fetched on it via objUser. The master database contains system tables to monitor information related to SQL Server as a whole, and each user database. The system tables are data dictionary (or catalog system) of SQL Server.

You must stay aware that the master database contains particularly sensitive information. Therefore, no user is allowed to directly modify the database. I1 is important to always have a backup of the master database, since it reflects the content of each SQL Server database (it has all the information underpinning the system). By default, the size of the master database is 25 MB, however, it is recommended to award a larger so that it can support future growth.

The model database contains the system tables found in each database user. Each time a database is created, SQL Server uses the model database as a model. It is in this database that you should place the items you want to appear in all databases created thereafter. You can modify the model database to customize the structure of the new database (all changes made to model are reflected in each new database.

Have you seen the tempdb which is a workspace shared by all databases SQL Server. All] are temporary tables are stored in tempdb, regardless of the database in use. Each time a user logs out of SQL Server, tempdb content corresponding to that user is deleted. A] system shutdown, the entire contents of tempdb deleted. Most often, the tempdb database is used for sorting information.