Thread: How to auto start exe file in vb

How to auto start exe file in vb

I am working on a project in vb language.In this project i want to automatically run my exe file .I does not know the method to do this .I can do this thing in wincc ,but i does not know how to make it executable in vb .Please help me.

Re: How to auto start exe file in vb

This problem can be solved by adding a registry value.For adding the registry value you need to do the following things..
    1-START---->RUN--->enter command regedit and press OK.
    2-After that select HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE ----->SOFTWARE---->Microsoft
    ----->windows----->curentVersion---->run.
    3- After that in the string table add new string value.For adding the new string value right click and select the string value.Then in the string data type write the path of your program which is to be opened at the start up.After this you restart your computer the program will automatically start.

This problem can be solved with a simple method ,you first create a desktop.ini file in any of the directory of a folder .After that you write [start]
    autorun.exe or X:\autorun.exe in the desktop.in file.you relay try this out.But keep in mind that it will only work in windows xp and NT.

For this problem you need to run out of space above to use that.You need to look after this example.First you must write AddCurrentKey("Program Name", "Program Path") Or below it should do automatically for you AddCurrentKey(System.Reflection.Assembly.GetEntryAssembly.FullName, System.Reflection.Assembly.GetEntryAssembly.Location).This will definitely solve your problem.

I also wanted to do the same thing in my project.I have tried a solution it had helped me.what you want to do is to just place a shortcut of your exe file which you want to auto start at the time when window is booted by going to your start up folder and move the exe file to there .This is a very simple method try this out ......

I think these all are good but I think you have to create autorun.inf in the directory. and set the Icon in property of your application in this property only .ico file you have to Choose. Otherwise you have to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run use this registry key.