Thread: Advantages and disadvantages of C language

Advantages and disadvantages of C language

My teacher has given us a assignment on the C language, the advantages and disadvantages of C programming. Since i am not from the I.T background i don't known about the language, i also searched on the internet but not got the perfect answer. Please provide an accurate and academic answer that will help me to write my assignment, i will be thankful to you for any suggestion, help me to solve the issue.

Re: Advantages and disadvantages of C language

First of all C language is the basic programming language which is the mother of all modern language. C was developed in the AT & T lab. The major advantage of C language is that it is the basic to learn all other languages that are available in the market. If you want to be programing developer then you have to learn it. The disadvantage of these language is there is no runtime checking, as the program extends it is very difficult to fix the bugs, there is no strict type checking.

There are a number of advantages of the C languages such as Closeness to the Machine like individual bytes, pointers, bits. C is great for putting ideas into practice and Well-researched and studied. The major disadvantage of the C language is that it does not support the object oriented concepts such as polymorphism, data hiding and the others, these are the major advantages and disadvantages of the C language.

To understand the C language perfectly and to get the advantages and disadvantages of the C programming there are a number of the books available in the market from where you can learn the concepts of the languages. One such book which is very much popular in the I.T field for C language is "Programming in C " which is very basic and any one can learn from it.

As you have mentioned that you want the advantages and disadvantages of C programming languages for your college assignment, so I recommend you to download a pdf of the language from the internet for free that will provide all the required information about the language. The pdf will help you to solve all your queries from basic to the advanced and will provide all the concepts of a programming language.

You want to submit the assignment having the advantage and disadvantages of C programming language, then the best solution for that is to go the AT and T bell lab website which is the developer of the C language. They will provide all the concepts, advantages and disadvantages that you need to prepare your assignment, I am sure that this will for sure help you and resolve your problem.

The Advantages and disadvantages of C languages are as follows, the advantages are it is a basic and simple language which is must to learn all other modern programming language, it easily get complied without much memory. The disadvantages of c languages are it does not have a real time or run time checking, as the programming code increase the complexity also increases, it is very difficult to fix the problem or bugs in the C languages and most importantly there is no strict type checking.