Thread: Microsoft Outlook 2010 and Windows 7

Microsoft Outlook 2010 and Windows 7

I have a problem in outlook. Till now MS doesn't start any forum site so I think here any one can help me or point out me in the right direction. Yesterday I have installed Office 2010 on Windows 7 but it seems beta bug is still there. When I have launched Outlook, then I got a error: which display the message of "Cannot start Microsoft Outlook. Cannot Open the Outlook window. The set of folders cannot be opened. The information store could not be opened." When clicking on outlook and holding down <Ctrl> I got some error. So, Please any one is there who can help me on this topic. And please don't tell me to uninstall it and go for the office 2007.

Re: Microsoft Outlook 2010 and Windows 7

Some days back I was also facing this. But Then I google this for the solution but most of the time I got the answer with no luck. Then I think this accomplishes the same thing and I always export reg keys. So I delete just in case.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/252304

• Locate one of the following registry keys, as appropriate for the version of Microsoft Windows that you are using:
      Code:
      HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows Messaging Subsystem
    • Delete the Profiles key under the Windows Messaging (Subsystem) key.

And in last try to manually configure the server settings. Which will fix your problem.
    Last edited by Antonio1; 28-08-2010 at 03:47 AM.

There is a solution but I am not sure whether it will work in you case or not because sometimes it work and sometimes it not. So for this the solution is gets the master configuration screen to start...And then Deleted the folder containing my Outlook pst file (C:\Users\My Name\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Outlook) (You may have to set Windows Explorer to show hidden folders) after that applied the registry solution suggested by Antonio1 and in last reinstalled Outlook without the addons disabled. In this I am not sure but sometimes registry solution alone would have done it.

Previously I was facing the same problem but after your solution it is working properly. But I have some other problem in that. I came across this problem on a customer’s computer and tried everything I could find via Google. But none of the solution worked for me.My problem is that when I click on the icon to start Outlook, the window shows up briefly and then disappears, popping up that extremely meaningful message: Cannot Start Microsoft Office Outlook. Cannot Open the Outlook Window . They give the solution that simply run: outlook.exe /resetnavpane. But basically, this is same like deleting your profilename.xml in your user directory. Please suggest me a solution.
    Last edited by Ceesar; 28-08-2010 at 03:20 AM.

Whatever earlier post is there they all are good But I am going to introduce you a command line option. It is not an option which you can find in the menus. For that you need to locate the folder where your outlook is installed. It's pathis like something c:\program files\Microsoft Office\Office10 and run the command “outlook /resetnavpane”. Run this command without the quotes. You have to do all these from a command prompt.

Yes I have tried on my pc. For me it is working nicely. I was also getting sick from searching the solution of my problem on google. But whatever solution they have posted it doesn't work for me. But when I was searching solution of my problem on this site then whatever solution I got I did the same thing. Then it worked in my case. Now it is working properly. Thanks

You are amazing. I have been sitting with this problem for last three days!! Why did it take me so long to get your solution. Great quick fix. Because Microsoft could have never done this better. A 24 character fix. Very Nice! If I could rate this out of five stars, it would be a 6! Have to hammer one more star in there for simplicity.