Thread: Open and print Access Database without access?

Open and print Access Database without access?

Hi friends, Previously I was using ms access but when last time I have formatted my pc then I have not installed this ms access. But now I have file which is just a table. And I want to print that. But I have mention earlier that I don't have ms access. So is there any way through which I can open an MDB file without having MS access ? Or I have to buy Access.

Re: Open and print Access Database without access?

Yes, you have to buy a new access. Because few days back I have also the same problem. Then I searched a lot on this topic. But In last I got a result that I have to buy a ms access. Because there is no way to print mdb file without the ms access. So sorry friend you have to for the new ms access. And it will worth in future.
    In The Absence Of Light
    Darkness Prevail's

I think buying a new ms access is not a last option. Because I have seen some of the comment which is posted earlier. In that they have suggest you to buy a ms access. But trust me there is one way through which you can print you mdb file. You think how can I say that very confidently. It is because of I was facing the same problem few days back. So I google it then I got a solution for that in that they have given some of the solution to print the mdb file without ms access. From that I am telling you the best one it is one line code. You just type docmd.openreport, acNormal. Enjoy it dude.
    "Me fail English!? That unpossible!"

Yes I have tried your solution It worked properly. But I have one more problem in that. In that I just want to know how can I control the number of copies to print with this command ? In this I have make a printout function and in that I make a "Copies" parameter. Is here I have to make a no parameter that is relate to number of copies. Is any one can solve my problem.

Ya, there is one solution which I want to share with you. In that there is little bit of coding which will fix your problem. In that just create a method for text box on your form (called PrintNumber) then refer to it in that call to print like this OnClick or another event
    Code:
    DoCmd.OpenReport "ReportName", acViewPreview, "", "", acNormal
    DoCmd.PrintOut acPrintAll, , , , Me.PrintNumber
    DoCmd.Close acReport, "ReportName"
    or if you want to always print the same number of reports just change the code to show the number (like this to print 7 copies)
    Code:
    DoCmd.PrintOut acPrintAll, , , , 7
    It will fix your problem.
    Last edited by Regina; 28-08-2010 at 01:21 AM.

I will tell you a simple solution. Which is help me a lot. In that a simple solution would be to call the OpenReport method repeatedly in a loop:
    Code:
    Dim n As Integer
    Dim intNumber as Integer
    intNumber = <get the number to print from somewhere>
    For n = 1 To intNumber
    DoCmd.OpenReport "YourReportName"
    Next n
    select your number instead of intNumber which will fix your problem.
    Last edited by Simond; 28-08-2010 at 01:29 AM.

Thanks Buddy, Actually I was getting sick from facing this problem last 1 week. But I saw your post. Then I typed the same code It fix my problem. And ya solution which is given in loop form it worked for me. And I tried the other solution before but it didn't worked in my case. Even though thanks for your answer.