Thread: How to set php ini_set smtp

How to set php ini_set smtp

I'm not able to send any mails from my system. It shows an error message stating that the Host need to specify the SMTP server for the domain name. I had tied out every thing, but all the PHP documentation only talks about setting the SMTP server in php.ini. So, can any body tell me that how to set php ini_set smtp on my pc? Any one have any idea about it? Kindly help me to get rid of the above issue.

Re: How to set php ini_set smtp

We have created a special email with sbc for outside internet use only email. Of course, it doesn't work, if we use their smtp settings, they require a username/password to authenticate. I think i have located the right file, at the top it says: [PHP]

They require you to specify the SMTP server AND a valid from address for the domain, and the 'From:' setting in the header isn't good enough. Check the include_path in your php.ini. Also see the front page of the phpmailer site, it has the instructions for installation and there is an example there with SMTP authentication as well. You have to use ini_set() for both.

Authentication (sending mail password to smtp server) is not possible under PHP for windows. For that i think you need to contact your network provider in order to add your server's IP address. Of course, it doesn't work, if you use their smtp settings, for that you may require a username/password to authenticate.

]I'm not able to send any mails from my system.

It shows an error message stating that the Host need to specify the SMTP server for the domain name.

I had tied out every thing, but all the PHP documentation only talks about setting the SMTP server in php.ini.
    So, can any body tell me that [B][I]how to set php ini_set smtp on my pc?

Any one have any idea about it? Kindly help me to get rid of the above issue.

For the function of sending e -mail works properly , you must have specified a mail server in the php file .ini. There must exist a section like this :
    [ mail function]
    SMTP = mail.php.net ; for win32 only
    sendmail_from = \ n abc123@abc.net This e - mail address is protected against spam bots, you need Javascript enabled browser to view ; for win32 -only
    ; sendmail_path =; only for unix

For Microsoft Windows - For a server running Microsoft Windows , SMTP must indicate the address of the SMTP server of your ISP (usually of the form mail. or smtp .). For the same type of server , sendmail_from must indicate the e - mail will be used as default source address of the e - mail.
    If you do not use the SMTP from your provider you can install a mail server locally. It is very easy to set ( see help) and you can simply enter " localhost " in your php file .ini.

Under a Unix system - Under a Unix -like system , you must have a mail server like sendmail.The location of the sendmail program ( usually / usr / sbin / sendmail or / usr / lib / sendmail) is performed automatically . The PHP script preconfiguration , configures , tries to identify the presence of sendmail , and affects the result by default when compiling. If localization problem , you can give a new value to the sendmail_path configuration directive in the php file .ini.If your system does not use sendmail , it probably provides a similar program that emulates the interface. The line below is one you might have for a server qmail :
    sendmail_path = "/ var / qmail / bin / sendmail " .