Thread: installing DotNetNuke

installing DotNetNuke

Hi, I'm trying to install dot net nuke. I've installed the asp.net framework as well as the SQL server. The next step in the installation guide tells me to call my virtual directory in iis7 server (i.e. http://localhost/dnn/ in the browser) and the DotNetNuke installer should launch automatically. However, I keep getting this message:

Parser Error Message: It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level. This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS.

I did some research on google and it seems to be related to permission issues; there seems to be a fix for iis6 by right clicking the virtual directory and go to properties and click the "create" option. But the iis7 environment is quite different from iis6 and it doesn't seem to be a working solution for me.

I really need help, job performance depends on it. If anyone is familiar with installing dotnetnuke please help me out! much appreciated.

cheers

Re: installing DotNetNuke

I would suggest you to wipe the slate clean and start over.

DNN Best Practices

And, as a rule, you should not modify the DNN core, or disable core functionality, unless you are fully aware of the ramifications of such changes.