Thread: Silverlight 4 Problem with Out of Browser sllauncher.exe

Silverlight 4 Problem with Out of Browser sllauncher.exe

The out of browser application working good but by mistake I have changed the namespaces and then everything stopped working. For solving this I completely removed and installed everything again. Luckily most of the things got back to normal but shortcuts that were given are not working yet. Every time I try to open the application through the use of shortcut I am getting error messages. Can you help me to resolve this Silverlight 4 Problem with Out of Browser sllauncher.exe

Re: Silverlight 4 Problem with Out of Browser sllauncher.exe

I was also facing the similar problem. May this is a bug in Visual Studio 2010 editor. Normally the Application description that is given under the out of browser setting is very large. For your application to work you just need to make that thing shorter and I am sure that those links will work again without any problem. If you have any other problem then let me know about it and I will try to resolve the issue as soon as possible.

I do not agree with the answer given in the above reply, because I have recently reinstall the complete thing and after that when I have checked the links they were working fine. I have also tried to give the name as long as possible but there I no change they were working fine. As far as I know the maximum limit is 256 characters and if you are trying to enter that much big character then surely you are going to face the problem.

You are allowed to configure a Silverlight application that allows users to install from their hosts than their web browser to run. Configuration is only an application to provide additional information. Silverlight make use of this related information to the installation program's user interface, fast way to start the application and the outside of the browser application window. This information is provided by the application list, so that you can turn off the existing applications browser does not support the reconstruction

An application can be run outside the browser without a network connection. If your application normally uses network resources, you can implement a detection network and gives support offline by the lack of available connection. For example, you can use isolated storage as an offline cache that you can synchronize with a data store on the server when the connection is resumed. When a connection is available, you can also make the search for updates to the application.

Applications outside the browser can access network resources over HTTPS when a connection is available. Currently, however, there is no integrated indicator, indicating the presence of a secure channel and any indicator that you provide this risk of being usurped. Applications outside the browser are no more protected than their host’s websites. Users must therefore rely on the host site's security when installing or updating an application outside the browser.