Thread: Silverlight 4 WCF returns NOT FOUND message when posting large data

Silverlight 4 WCF returns NOT FOUND message when posting large data

When I was posting large amount of data, at that time I have received and error message that there was an error at the time of deserialize the parameters. It was also give the InnerException message, that was asking of increasing quots related to that. For solving this issue I have also tried to change the web config file but no result can be seen. I want know why Silverlight 4 WCF returns NOT FOUND message when posting large data.

Re: Silverlight 4 WCF returns NOT FOUND message when posting large data

I think I am also facing similar problem, I am also getting similar error when I am sending a large byte array that is nearly of six megabyte. Over the wcf service this is configured through the CustomBiniding that is utilizing the binaryMessageEncoding. If I am trying to do this for small size file then there is no problem but when I am trying to do it for large file, then it starts to give error messages. Currently I am also searching for the solution.

You are saying that there is no problem while sending small file, the problem occurs if you are trying to send large file then it will be better if fragment those large file in to smaller parts and then transmit one by one. I know this can be a temporary solution and cannot be used for permanent purpose. But I think that it will be better to have a temporary solution rather then having no solution.

Thanks for the reply; I was also thing of fragmenting the file in to smaller pieces for the purpose of transferring the files. Currently I am doing that only, I have fragmented the file in to small pieces and then transferring the files. But this taking a long time and lot of efforts on my side. It will be better to have a permanent solution for this problem.

Here is the simple snippet of code that can be useful for you solve the problem, the only thing you need to consider while using this Snippet of code is that, if you want you can change its variable.
    <binding name="LB" maxBufferSize="2036382636" maxReceivedMessageSize="2036382636" receiveTimeout="01:00:00" openTimeout="01:00:00" closeTimeout="01:00:00" sendTimeout="01:00:00">
    <readerQuotas mDp="2036382636" maxStringContentLength="2036382636" maxArrayLength="2036382636" maxBytesPerRead="2036382636" maxNameTableCharCount="2036382636" />
    </binding>

Thanks for the solution that you have given, I mean the snippet of code. I have use this code and it is really helpful for solving the problem while using this piece of code I have altered some of the variables as per my requirement and that’s all I have to resolve the issue. If anybody else is facing this issue then I will suggest you follow the same thing that I have done.