Thread: Implementing SSRS in Silverlight 4

Implementing SSRS in Silverlight 4

I am facing problem for implementing SSRS in SilverLight 4. It comprises or Report Viewer Service that include third party service. But I am searching for the method to implement this through the use of iframes in Silverlight. I need help related to this. I know that this can be done through the use of third party application but I do not want to use that. So I need help for finding this method, any related reply will be appreciated.

Re: Implementing SSRS in Silverlight 4

For your information SSRS support maximum number of operations through the web service. If you are thinking of accessing the ReportingService 2005.asmx then you can expose numerous management methods for managing report server. You can also execute these reports through the use of these methods. If you are using silverlight 4 for that purpose than it will the best option.

Thank you for the reply, currently I am using the report viewer of perpetuum. But the problem is that when I am binding the report for the viewer I am getting errors with the message that the "Datasource has been deleted". I have no idea what is the meaning of this thing. I have tried many things for solving this problem but unfortunately it cannot be resolve.

Well I am not having the solution for your problem but I know why this error is occurring. Actually the thing is that the report that you are planning to see, utilizes the datasource and I sure that this thing is not present there or it is giving this error because you have not specified the Datasource property for your report. Just check these things, there are chances that you can solve your problem.

I am also having a similar problem, I want to install the CRM Connector for SSRS on SQL Server 2005 SP2 (9.00.3042.00) and Reporting Services. All goes well, system requirements, everything is OK (Microsoft SQL Server and Visual Studio environmental verifiers). The Installation stops with a message: Failed to action microsoft.Crm.Setup.server.RestartWebApplicationAction. IISReset utility failed with exit code 1062 and the message: The IIS Admin service, or service of that? Hanging is not activated? Any related reply will be appreciated.

You are saying that the installation is terminating with an error. For this I need answer for few question. Are you running your system as administrator or not? Because if you are not running your system as administrator then this can be a possible reason for problem installation. Try to install that thing while running as administrator. I am sure that this will solve your problem.