Thread: Transfer of information in the Session Context (Swing Client, EJB3)

Transfer of information in the Session Context (Swing Client, EJB3)

I would like to transfer information from my rich client to my server, which can be read out of session beans. This is not to the methods themselves, but similarly done using JAAS authentication on the context. In the session beans I have access to the Session Context. Is there any way in the client to write data to the session context? The following is the scenario of background. A user can have multiple clients running simultaneously. The client must however be clearly identifiable to send targeted messages. Why should a client be transferred from the context id, which is specified in the messages as "receivers". Please help me as soon as possible.!!

Re: Transfer of information in the Session Context (Swing Client, EJB3)

A user can have multiple clients running simultaneously. The client must however be clearly identifiable to send targeted messages. Why should a client be transferred from the context id, which is specified in the messages as "receivers".
    but it would be possible, of course, additional credentials / data in JAAS to integrate context and read them on the other end. Is of course see depending on application server. If this is JBoss, the interceptors would be a good alternative.

I wonder why the session must be to contain the information? It's problematic because a client can have several states (windows / tabs) have. If the client sends a query contains the state and this state should go to the backend, you could miss the Principal object to it. We do it this way - although you have to watch out for synchronization, as all clients use the same user may have the same principal. For a similar problem, I added an aspect of this state, before calling the backend, the principal sets, and then removed it. Hope that helps..

How can I most easily put something in the JAAS context and how do I get the server back to the turn?
    Context would be the wrong place for that - but in the subject (javax.security.Subject) it safe place for a few extra Principal and Subject direction is server communicates. And of course, the standard does not specify how and to what extent, but typically is it so. On the server, you can look up this subject and read what is there, anything goes.

The course returns only one subject, if the EJB methods are called accordingly. But has the advantage when the authentication took place outside of the container and the container AuthorInformation are not loaded properly or forwarded (eg JBoss + Apache httpd). The call of the methods is done with Subject.doAs *(). If the client-server communication is over SSL / TLS, you can also use the SSL session id for distinguishing units of varying compounds.