Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 29-07-2010

How to create manifest.mf and jar files in java

Hello,
My question will sound silly but the jar was created from eclipse does not work.
Error was
Code:
Could not locate main class ...
I know the question is stupid and I'm sure it's just stupid to pay but I find it alone as a major. Yet the META-INF exists and the class is good in the package "CEO". Here is my MANIFEST.MF file
Code:
Manifest-Version: 1.0
Main-Class: CEO.Principale
Can any one please help me with this? Thanks in advance.
Old 29-07-2010

Re: How to create manifest.mf and jar files in java

So what exactly is the problem? Apparently, your jar is properly created, it has the manifest file in (the good one?, That is to say that you have created, not "empty"?), But when you launch the program, outside Eclipse via your jar, it crashes? And your classpath is OK?
For more help
1) How to create an executable jar?
2) What is JAR file? Please explain
3) Creation of jar file with MS-DOS
4) Define Manifest File in Java
5) Define Manifest File in Java
6) How to run a jar file
Old 29-07-2010

It is precisely when I run it outside of eclipse that AC plant.
Quote:
And your classpath is OK?
Where should I configure it? My application works fine in eclipse but when I create a jar, and I want to run the application outside of Eclipse using the jar, it is at this moment that I get an error message error.
Old 29-07-2010

I used the same as you, the Manifest file but I have no problem. In my opinion this comes from a call when executing. How do you executed your jar? Do you use external jar? For example if you need packages contained in an archive test.jar which is the same as the jar that you created, should be indicated in the manifest and in the CLASSPATH when executing. Then for the execution you do if you executes the command in the directory of your jar if not in place of "." you should put "MYPATH" or MYPATH is the path of your application.
Code:
java-classpath "." -jar test.jar
Old 29-07-2010

How to configure Eclipse so that it includes the archives used because I do not swing but swt? I added them in my perspective but eclipse does not include them when creating the jar. There is surely a configuration to do but I do not know which. If anyone has the solution, it is welcome.
Old 10-08-2010

In fact, Eclipse is doing all alone with the classpath, through its own system files (. Classpath in each project). So, until we have tried outside of Eclipse, we do not see the difficulty.
Old 11-08-2010

Absolutely, nothing like making a small jar to himself in the hand at least we are sure that it works, and we know what is wrong when it does not. It's as if you were forced to open VB to launch your application as being unable to make one. Exe

TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Tags: , , , , ,