Thread: Java BigDecimal to Integer

Java BigDecimal to Integer

Hello,
    I have a question about a number BigDecimal. The number is 5483.238 for example (I know it's small for a BigDecimal, but it is a constraint imposed on me) and I need the form of two integers. The first integer is the entire part number 5483. The second integer is the decimal part of number two digits 24. I arrived safely to get the first integer using BigDecimal.intValue (), for cons I turn round to the second. Can you help me with this? Thank you for your help.

Re: Java BigDecimal to Integer

The following code may help you

Code:
    ValueBD bgdc = new bgdc("-124.9365");
    int er = vlbd.intValue(); bgdc decimalPartBD = vlbd.subtract(bgdc.valueOf(er)).setScale(2, bgdc.ROUND_UP);
    int percent = bgdc.valueOf(100).multiply(decimalPartBD).intValue();

Yes, it works I think, the question might be: What makes you serve there? I do not see why you transform the entire BigDecimal, since normally, all manipulations are useful for decimal numbers correctly included in the BigDecimal.

Thank you for your reply, actually I'm using this for a very specific application. The aim is to bring you value the number to read through audio files, so I'm breaking my value 1000.wav example, 900.wav, virgule.wav 24.wav, 99.wav to read 1924.99. This is the reason why I chose to treat the two parties as the number of integers.

Here is another code that might help you in conversion
    Code:
    temp BigDecimal = new BigDecimal(tot).setScale(2, BigDecimal.ROUND_HALF_EVEN); BigDecimal prs = new BigDecimal("100").setScale(2, BigDecimal.ROUND_HALF_EVEN);
    if(temp.equals(one hundred))
            System.out.System.out.println("equal");
    else
            System.out.System.out.println("different");

Unfortunately, the equals method compares the scale of the BigDecimal. But you can use CompareTo, which, before comparing the two objects is the same scale (the larger of two). What you could do, too, it's either you make a personal method somewhere to compare BigDecimal or form a class by overloading equals BigDecimal so it does not compare the scale. (Do not forget to also override hashCode in this case, since it also uses the scale)

Simply by return compareTo (...) == 0; equals in (...). That is odd that they have done that in the JDK (a mistake I think), because it is recommended that for every Similar, property. CompareTo (...) == 0 ==>. Equals (. ..) is true.