Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 29-07-2010

Problem with jre of jdk1.5.0_04

I judge a grad a new system and I also like the JDK6 times (more precisely, it is 1.5.0_04 installed). The installation once the JDK to
D: \ Java \ jdk1.5.0_04

and the normal JRE after
D: \ Java \ jre1.5.0_04

installed. Where it is in the folder of JDK JRE still is one. Now I wanted to install ant, and just bake a sample program, but Ant denied me the service, with the message that the tools jar was not found. And that Ant they jre1.5.0_04 \ lib in searches. But since there is no yes, because the tools. Jar there is indeed only in the JDK. So I'm all for my environment variables considered and I see there: there is nothing. Any records that have even the slightest what to do with Java. But if I on the console "java-version" text box that I get the normal version issued. How can that be? It must be somehow stored, accessed what. How can Windows run the command "java" when there in no single variable which is Java? How can I make Ant to that of the JRE, but in the JDK is in not looking? Please help to solve my problem.
Old 29-07-2010

Re: Problem with jre of jdk1.5.0_04

I think that you might not have set the environment variable properly. Set the environment variable
JAVA_HOME = D: \ Java \ jdk1.5.0_04
and PATH = was-also-always-there-is ...;% JAVA_HOME \ bin%.
After doing this, check again, according to me your problem must get solved.
Old 29-07-2010

The initial step to acquire when you have a predicament with Ant is to read the manual entry for the task or perception that is giving you trouble. In particular, ensure the meaning of a task's attributes and nested elements. Conceivably an attribute is obtainable that would provide the behavior you necessitate. If you have problems with the manual itself, you can suggest a documentation bug report.
Old 29-07-2010

Even I think that you are facing the PATH problem. The Java executable are no longer found. This is often the old, now wrong path in the PATH environment variable in Windows. Solution: Hold the Windows key and then press Pause / Break to go under the Advanced tab (Advanced) in environment variables (Environment Variables). Edit Path kick: old Java entry, for example, then add to the end:
C: \ Program Files \ Java \ jdk1.5.0_04 \ bin
Old 29-07-2010

I could also be a multiple installation problem. In the event that launched eclipse.exe no longer wants, or by double-clicking only a short blast of failure is to listen, it is possible that Eclipse is another / older uses javaw.exe to c: \ windows \ systems32. There, for example, make a folder "java-old" and all java files in the system32 folder, then push. Otherwise, it takes this javaw namely preferably in the PATH instead of the registered (as there usually will be searched only in system32).
Old 29-07-2010

JAR problem link no longer work:
New Windows Explorer [Windows Key + E], then Tools> Folder Options> File Types, search for JAR or possibly create new ones, and then click Advanced (Advanced):
Action: open
Application used to perform action: "C: \ Program Files \ Java \ jdk1.5.0_04 \ jre \ bin \ javaw.exe"-jar "% 1"% *

TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Tags: , , , , , ,