Thread: Java signed applet permission

Java signed applet permission

Hello,
    Seats now for some time on a problem and could not find anything on the Internet to do so. I use openSUSE 11.1 with Firefox 3.5 and have a problem with Java. Every time I try a network lying side view of a program, I get the following message from Firefox, when I try to log: "Please give the signed Java applet to run permission before logging in and enable Java if it is not enabled." I have tried it with an update of Java, but has not brought. Also, if you can provide me some information on java signed applet, it would be great. Thank you for your help.

Re: Java signed applet permission

Both are set, that is JavaScript, as well as in Java. I mean to say that Werbe-/Javablocker something like AdBlock Plus, NoScript, etc., something I did because everything on it is not. If only the Firefox If you install without any addons. Is Java / JavaScript enabled in FF and not actively Werbe-/Javablocker? Check this first.

As a Java applet, applet Sign adapts to each new application for inclusion in web forms the basis of electronic signature from a signing certificate can be stored in a smart card, token, the Shop windows or a virtual smart card. The signing process respects the principle of "What You See Is What You Sign" to prevent the signing on the hidden data to the user. The signed data is constructed according the standard most widely used currently.

The Java Security API is designed to allow developers to incorporate both low-level and high-level security into their Java applications. The first release of Java Security in JDK contains a subset of this functionality, including an API for digital signatures and message digests. In addition, JDK contains abstract interfaces for key management, certificate management, and access control. API to support specific certificate formats and richer functionality in the area of access control will follow in subsequent JDK releases.

JDK 1.1 provides a tool that can sign Java Archive (JAR) files. The JDK Applet Viewer allows any downloaded applets in JAR files signed (using the tool) by a trusted entity to run with the same full rights as local applications. That is, such applets are not subject to the "sandbox" restrictions of the original Java security model. Later releases will provide more sophisticated security policies, including greater granularity in the allowable trust levels.