Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 28-07-2010

Problem install Glassfish Server

Hello,
I have a trouble to install glassfish. For starters, it's probably me who plays with fire. I'm in a VMware under Solaris Express developer edition. So SunOS 5.11, JVM 1.6.0-B105, glassfish-installer-v2-b33e.jar. When I run the command java-Xmx256m-jar ..... / glassfish.....jar. I see the line "Accessibility Java Bridge for GNOME loaded" which appears but I have no window to open the license to install and thus remains blocked. Do you have a solution for this? Any help will be great. Thank you.
Old 28-07-2010

Re: Problem install Glassfish Server

I use the Custom Installation in console mode. Type
Code:
java-jar glassfish-mx256m-installer-v2-b33.jar-console
Once completed, returns to the glassfish directory (cd glassfish) and launches:
Code:
ant-f setup.xml.
That is done and you can easily use glassfish now.
Old 28-07-2010

You should not have problems on Solaris, I have a very similar config. The message "Java Bridge for GNOME loaded Accessibility" is normal, it is bound to swing open a window that asks you to validate the license. A focus problem may be?
Old 28-07-2010

But strangely, I did not have the Swing window. Perhaps the couple Solaris / VMware causes side effects. I have noticed some strange effects on the CPU. It is possible that abstraction graph of the VM goes wrong with the JRE 1.6.
Old 28-07-2010

Hello and good festival first, I wonder if there is not a problem of incompatibility between vista and glassfish. I installed and it says my install is finished but I think it stopped along the way because I am referring a tutorial which is longer than I have someone who can let me know the advanced settings.
Old 09-08-2010

It would have you to be more specific (log messages or error). Sometimes, the installation runs better without personal firewall, but it would really good details.
Old 10-08-2010

This is the code \ lib \ ant \ bin \ ant-f setup.xml I run to get the error below dessus not find my JDK yet I turned up with good control
set JAVA_HOME = C: \ Program Files \ java \ <the jdk>. neva tell me what not please. thank you
Old 26-10-2010
Genry

interesting information, thanks!

TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Tags: , , , ,