Thread: Javafx and java for desktop application

Javafx and java for desktop application

Hello,
    I have to schedule an application that has an interface or it can draw graphs (nodes and arcs) and modify them. I just discover javafx and it makes me seem very practical.
    1) So I wonder if this language can change the shape of objects designed with all the animations (a la Flash)
    2) I saw a bit of problem there to run with javafx swing: so I wonder if it is powerful enough to make a graphic part of my application (buttons, text fields etc. ... )
    3) And especially is it possible to use with java javafx (variables etc. share them ...)

Re: Javafx and java for desktop application

Basic you can apply a lot of changes to objects on the fly. Make basic animation is very simple JavaFX If you want to transform one object into another (morphing) apparently must go to the side of the class javafx.scene.shape.Shape. If you want to define your animations graphically, you must go watch the side of software JXBuilder. Note: careful management of strokes in JavaFX is simplified to the maximum and only supports what we can do BasicStroke in Java (although the interface stroke can decorate the edges of any way).

All components / controls the current JavaFX API but TextBox, ImageView and MediaPlayer) are Swing (see SwingButton, SwingList, etc..) and it is possible to include the majority of quasi-component Swing characters / customize as long as they are good programs in accordance with proper rules of programming in Swing and AWT. General manner, without problem. There may be complications when using tables, Generics, of methods with similar signatures in Java but are circumvented in one way or another.

The entire application is on the client machine. But it will be three layers architecture. and as I saw that javafx is powerful enough for most animations (this is an important point of application) I want to use AC for the presentation layer. But other parties will be in Java (not me who is going to be programmed) I hope it's as strong as the ActionScript for everything that is animated. I'm creating an interface that allows the user to draw graphs and change after (if such presses a button moves an arc from one node to another with a nice animation) I know the limits of what javafx script, and I wonder if it is worthwhile to start with it .

Your application is therefore more comparable to a software (thick client), fully executed on the client. Now your party needs the JavaFX JavaFX runtime cache if your client is not connected to the Internet. JavaFX is to launch calls to multiply servers SUN. Try to be integrating sdk JavaFX to your application.

No, Java is required to launch the FX, but not sufficient, a JavaFX runtime is downloaded to the first launch in the Java cache of the user. If the user has the sdk FX on his machine, you must use the command line:
    Code:
    # Javafx -classpath temp.jar test
    But in this case, you do not profiting updates JavaFX, Which are seen stage of development, will be numerous. The cache is checked every time you start him if you have Internet, to be maintained.

But if it is a standalone application, it has no need for the delegate applet or web access. By cons we must package the runtime with the application or indicate the CLASSPATH puisqu'installer launch JavaFX SDK does not install these runtimes in the Java CLASSPATH.

Also in the case of standalone on a corporate network, the better recuperate manually deploy them later on the client, after all future versions 1.5 and 2.0 may possibly introduce new inconsistencies level binaries as between 1.0 and 1.1 (apparently the 1.1.1 is compatible with 1.1?). At any level of business we prefer to have a common set of performance rather than necessarily to upgrade to versions that have not been tested or validated.