Thread: JVM Crash- Unexpected error

JVM Crash- Unexpected error

Hello,
    Starting in Java, I had to modify an application developed by another person. Since these changes my app crash randomly with this error:
    Code:
    An unexpected error has Been Detected by HotSpot Virtual Machine:
    I have no idea what does this mean, but I think the jvm crashes when the program is executing. So, if you have any idea regarding this topic then please let me know. Thank you.

Re: JVM Crash- Unexpected error

It's always hard this kind of error. Perhaps a bug in the JVM you use. should try with the latest JVM available on Sun's site (5.0 update 11) or in any other case. The last time I had this error was reproduced consistently, it was a bug in the JDBC driver that we had changed version.

In fact I already had the latest JVM but I noticed that with an older AC planted less so since I had kept this old version. Since the application was compiled under jdk 1.4 has the original and only after I recompiled my changes in 1.5 is this a possible source of error? Is it worth trying in a JVM 1.4? Any more help will be appreciated. Thank you.

Helpful, your problem is related to the external library that you use:
    Code:
    estadisticas.icmp.PingICMP.sendPing 
    estadisticas.icmp.PingICMP.ping
    Verify that you all available property, the DLL, that your windows is OK, and if the problem persists contact the author.

First of all thank you to enlighten me on the possible source of the problem because I actually doubt on the mistakes of the log file. This library was used before my changes so this does not come from the library itself but it is possible that when recompiling the application by myself, the class that performs the table and using the class provided by this library was a little bit altered. I will try to recover the old class that worked very well. Since the error is the random testing may take a little time.

After various tests it appears that the error is always present that I use the old class not recompiled or rebuilt. I also tried compiling with JDK 1.4 as a cause but to no avail. I will try the last solution I have in store, that is to say, use the native functions of jdk 5.0 on Ping and therefore not using the outer class that seems to me the origin of problem even if I do not understand at all why.

My environment is as follows: MAVEN 2 +-gwt maven-plugin (1.1) to compile and run unit tests, all linked to gwt 1.6.4. I come from time to time to perform the tests but in the end, I most often this exception: I have the same exception when I execute with Eclipse. I use the same configuration in my system and with continuous integration and environmental tests passed without worries?