Thread: Mail changes the date of receipt

Mail changes the date of receipt

Hello,
    I have a problem with Mail (version 1.2.5) for a few days, a problem that occurs only receiving mail from a friend and not others. So that's where I retrieves his mail, no problem, I can read them without problem. But when I quit Mail and relaunch, it has changed the date of receipt of mails from this sender only . The new date is often 28 January 2038, the message appears in blue (cyan), and I can not read them again. It is quite strange anyway. The only major changes I've made recently are installation of Norton Systemworks 3.0 and security update. For information I'm on an iMac 1.25 GHz Mac OS X.2.8. Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

Re: Mail changes the date of receipt

Is the date problem only with mail? I seem to remember that it was a bug in a version-10.2, corrected I think it does 10.2.8 and above in 10.3. Recommendation to forget completely the tools in osx norton, it creates more problems they do correct. So please uninstall norton and see if it is working correctly.

Yes I just the problem with Mail. At the same time I do not see where I could see another manifestation of this problem. As for Norton, I am using only the function of antivirus Norton Systemworks. Anyway the party Norton Utilities does not work because the boot disk does not work. Finally it is another problem, and as I do not want to use the Norton Utilities part this is not a problem.

I have a concern such as with mail. I did the update to OS X with the latest version. And since Mail does a strange thing: within the grounds of the mail received the day it is today, as yesterday. So I can not give you all the versions (I know it's not well ) But I can look tonight. What I can tell you is that it is the OS X DVD, with only days to put a run iTunes for iPhone with firmware 2.

Probably a preference that a fair or poor management of time (OS), it will make the usual tests, repair Permissions, see how it overlooks ANOTHER session (Besides, I advise you to use another email address for the test to not scatter your real mail) You certainly address one or two emails back
    (And if you do not bin is recommended) It's easy and takes a few seconds to create and put in mail session. Then you send you messages to your usual address test address for 2 or 3 days and you look on the Mail session.

Some info about my concerns:
    Powerbook G4 (Power PC)
    OS X 10.5 (9A581)
    Mail 3.0 (912.1 / 912)
    The date system is good
    I found nothing strange in the parameters of Mail. Note all the same one oddity: when I want to make the system update, the download goes well, then reboot to install and it hangs on the window installation. Well I just found a strange thing: going to watch the updates installed (to try to give you the version from that shit and want to uninstall.

There are viruses that circulate and coming to attack the MAC? to be quite explicit, I have no problems on my iMac (same version of OS) against my wife's laptop (the first who made a disparaging remark, he comes to me repair my computer ) I quite often worries: updates that crash ... and coincidentally, she received a lot of PJ (SDPs with lots of shit) and others who want to open ...