Thread: Java - help with Garbage Collection

Java - help with Garbage Collection

Hello,
    I use an applet ObjectPlanet to generate graphs from data stored in text files. Until today I never had a problem. But now I have several HTML pages containing a large number of graphs that do not appear on my post. Also when I move the java console window on the screen, it gives an effect if the display was not refreshed. Looking into the console, I noticed that there were error messages "java heap space OutOfMemory" I searched on Google and found the Xms Xmx option to increase the memory allocated for java on my computer. However, passing the following command I Help Java.
    Code:
    java-Xmx252m-Xms64m
    Could you tell me where is my error in placing this order to increase the memory allocated? Any help will be great. Thank you.

Re: Java - help with Garbage Collection

The problem is that the command "java" is used to start an application such as Desktop, no applet. If you want to pass these parameters your applet on Windows you must go to the Control Panel icon, Java, Java tab, click on display in the applet parameters, and add -Xms64m-Xmx252m(or more) execution parameters. I do not know the manipulation was done.

I need someone who uses Red5 and has no problem crash. Basically I use for my demo webcam chat and every day I have to restart Red5 because he plant. At the beginning I used a gentoo with the release of two ovh and I thought the problem was there but I just tested on a debian and I have the same worries.
    The last line of error.log is:
    Code:
    java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: Java heap space
    Someone already had this trouble or could help me?

You should probably have a memory leak in your code or else the size of the JVM allocated to your server is not large enough. I guess this is the only way to see how you memory is been used.

I just added the Xmx and Xms on the command line to see if it works better, I expect that this bug. That's not obvious, every time I have to wait 24 hours to know if this bug or not, Memory leak I do not see any thing there.