Thread: URL dynamic parameters

URL dynamic parameters

Hello,
    Let me explain what I want to do: I want to call a jsp running report and takes into account the parameters of the HTTP request passed in the url. In fact my problem lies in the fact that my settings are incorrect when it runs the report but it displays an empty array instead of myself out the window of the report settings. I do not know if I've been very clear in my explanation. If however you are missing elements to understand what I want, do not hesitate to ask.

Re: URL dynamic parameters

If I understand you want to return the user to the page parameter if the input was wrong and that the report is empty? You can use the JSP page of BIRT Viewer, which manages the settings and make a list of values type Drop Down etc.. I implement a validation of parameters via dynamic lists and form validation to prevent it from mistakes.

Let's say I have a first page where the user searches for a person. Then I post information about that person in another jsp page. This page contains a link to allow the user to view a report containing various information. If unfortunately the identification number or website was not good then the report shows no information at sites such as saying "Site incorrect" and then myself out the window of the report settings. What should I do this in case?

I will do this via a count and the visibility property of the table and a dynamic text.
    Code:
    Table whether hidden Absorbed Count (row [foo]) = 0
    Dynamic text shown if Absorbed Count (row [foo]) = 0
    with the text 'Wrong number, please re-enter the correct value for the parameter "+ click on a URL link to the page in question.

You can add a validation on the parameters. In this case, they are not correct and if you use the BIRT WebViewer then the setting window should be displayed. If you do not use the BIRT WebViewer is for you to control settings before sending. BIRT do not know where your application is

I can not find how to check if my table contains values. I've never used scripts in Birt, the documentation on the site of eclipse is not very clear I think I look bad or so. If the doc, I'm interested.

Foo = any column of your dataset (I do not know your data so I put foo) You have a property "Visibility" with a button to build the script. Or as stated BiM without foo poor foo he has taken many in this thread.