Thread: Apache Tomcat -- JSP HTTP 404 Error!!

Apache Tomcat -- JSP HTTP 404 Error!!

I have a tomcat 6.0 server and use NetBeans to make my programs in JSP, I'm trying to customize the page that comes out of the typical 404 to display information or page that I want, I know I put the following code in the WEB-INF / web.xml:
    Code:
    <error-page> 
    <error-code> 404 </ error-code> 
    <location> / pages/common/404.jsp </ location> 
    </ Error-page>
    I want to ask in which WEB-INF/web.xml I put that code in my project I have in NetBeans or the tomcat? I tried to put in my project and run the program, the NetBeans, I enter the error 568. I try to put in the tomcat and do a restart my server no longer. Hoping that someone would help me.

Re: Apache Tomcat -- JSP HTTP 404 Error!!

Hello that such, if I can help there. Watch the netbeans allows you to customize your page much easier to error, since you automatically generates xml code by configuring it put. In your web project, go to the folder "Web Pages" which is where the pages you've created then in the subfolder WEB-INF which is where the files are XML, there open the file "web.xml" and you going to open a form in which you can customize your configuration, you go to the tab of "Pages", then extend the node "Error Pages" and give "Add" I get a dialog box in which you choose the page error and put the error code that your case would be 404 and with that you should work.

Hello everyone, We are having problems to configure the error page that comes default on Liferay 5.2.3. We have configured in the file portal-ext.properties that when you enter a wrong page, be redirected to this page, but we removed the jsp. Tell you that we are working in a context in Liferay, ie our home page would be / portal / web / community name, instead of / web / common name. We tried to put the following:
    Code:
    layout.show.http.status = true 
    layout.friendly.url.page.not.found = / portal/html/portal/404.html (This is a page we want to show our own in case of error)
    and
    Code:
    layout.show.http.status = true 
    layout.friendly.url.page.not.found = / portal/errors/404.jsp
    But it brings us no error message.!! Any idea that we may be missing? Any recommendation will be welcome.

This page you must add it to your extension environment. There is a page you created in your portal, but refers to a file in your installation. The default is to portal-web/docroot/html/portal and yours should put it in ext-web/docroot/html/portal for you to read it with the default configuration:
    layout.friendly.url.page.not.found = / html/portal/404.html

Thanks for your help.. I also wanted to override the default 404.jsp Liferay. I'm getting closer to my goal thanks to your help. The JSP is a System.out in the body that leaves a trace in my logs and the text "Hello World" does not appear. The problem I have now is :
    [PortalImpl: 3019] Current URL / my / project / blablabla Generates exception: null
    What I can do to solve the problem??