Thread: Java barcode scanner

Java barcode scanner

Hello,
    Is there the possibility of a Java based product to scan a barcode? Everyone knows the comfortable going to the discount and must be present at the end of the shopping money to the cashier. Previously, she has pulled all the product over a scanner that registered the product using the barcode in an ERP system. Then deducts and sets a minimum value on the order. How can I achieve that in Java? Any help will be great. Thank you.

Re: Java barcode scanner

Java can not scan. You need a scanner. The scanner is in the barcode number / (letters) followed by (depending on bar code). In most cases, the scanner is mounted on the computer as a "substitute" for the keyboard. The implemented bar code appears, then, like with the typewritten status numbers / letters. In order to implement in Java, therefore, is not much needed. A text box is sufficient. Focus on it and scanned. What do you do now with the scanned string of numbers is a whole new thing. Or are you going with your question asking how an enterprise resource planning system with Java realized?

So the following, I'm an imaginary process of developing software. It is a refrigerator system. Here are all the products are to be merged into one system. With barcode numbers. If one buys a product and now it in the fridge to set must scan it before. The system detects the product and make the product object property.
    Code:
    temp a = new temp (Prod. ....)
    Now I would like to know how this works with the scan. Do I need a driver? I mean to build a text field in the GUI and the user types in the barcode number from using hand, would be realized as simple as you described.

With imaginary software, I believe that this software is never used. That means they will be no use of, but simply serves to demonstrate knowledge of java. It is a project under study for my girlfriend. So now you have hers: P As to a huge list of product objects are created and each object has a bar code number. When I go shopping now and buy me a Coke, which is of course decoating in the system, If the bar code numbers do not match, then the product is new, and it must be decoating by hand. Now it's me but not about how to object in a search and then later compares but about how I would have to prepare everything in java, that after the scan works. If we start times like this, the device works, so the hardware. And we have such a mini scanner on the refrigerator. This laser or whatever it takes to create this line combination and pay it. Recording and convert to numbers: If something like implemented in java?

Java is a programming language, Java does not emit laser and looks at reflections makes something like external hardware, whether a mouse or a scanner, you can take in hand, all that matters like this in Java (if it is properly set up, what are the exact system routines must be in the manual for the device / driver) are numbers, text, or just bytes almost as if someone typed in a text box.

Integer is not enough. Barcodes can exceed the maximum value of integer. There are bar codes, as you can and letters with "verbarcoden". String would be here the choice of action. I once ne database application to manage all of my books, DVDs, etc. written, so I took to BigInt. A barcode scanner needs a driver in general since the scanner is recognized as an additional keyboard (I know nothing else, at least now grad)

I am working on something like similar to our production parts traceability. To read the bar code you need a scanner as described earlier, as the whole to be just an exercise but the bar code by hand will need to enter. I would suggest you definition you a couple of short sequences to test. What is read is concerned, you create a text field on the surface, put the focus on it and then you wait for the scanner (and on your keyboard). The decisive factor is the time when you process the entered bar code. We have with us a fixed character length, so I can pay attention to the number of characters and when they are together I process. Should not that be the case with you, watch out if simply changing the value of the box, measure the time since the change, and process the contents after a certain time. A barcode scanner works like a keyboard, except that it gives all the characters more quickly. If you waiting for, for example, a sec after the last character and nothing new has come, then the bar code and can be fully processed.