Thread: Information about the Java EE 5

Information about the Java EE 5

I have heard that the Java EE 5 most used solution for production environments!! Although little, Java EE 5 seems to be the solution used for production. If instead of asking in production, developing had asked, I still would be surprising. But for projects in production the only explanation I can find of this fact (rather against the global trend of a slow adoption of Java EE 5) is that the niche in which the survey was carried out (this site) too has affected the results. So thought that you guys can provide some more help regarding about the Java EE 5. Actually I have read many things on wikipedia, I just want to know your opinions about it.

Re: Information about the Java EE 5

Java Enterprise Edition or Java EE (formerly J2EE) is a specification for the technical Java from Sun specifically designed for enterprise applications. These applications are considered in an approach multi-level. For this purpose, any implementation of this specification contains a set of extensions to the Framework Standard Java (JSE, Java Standard Edition) to facilitate the creation of distributed applications. To do so, Java EE defines the following :
    • A platform (Java EE Platform), to host and run applications.
    • A test suite (Java EE Compatibility Test Suite) to check compatibility.
    • A reference implementation (Java EE Reference Implementation), which is GlassFish.
    • A list of best practices (Java EE BluePrints).

I think that influences other than Websphere (the app server with the highest market share), all other support and JEE 5 albeit partial and companies seem to be taking in a good way the new specification and embrace change. It would be interesting to know how many of these developers actually use the JEE APIs like EJB, JMS, JAX-WS, etc. and how the server used only for applications with POJOs and persistence to BD.

My comment comes from the fact that there are plenty of facilities for Java EE application server 1.4 that do not support Java SE 1.5, hence my comment on the JVM 1.4, I am fully aware of the difference between Java EE and Java SE. The point is that this is one of the main reasons why the JVM 1.4 is as used as a previous survey and showed not very old. To me it is a subject that interests me very much because these surveys confirm for me that I have to keep supporting the JVM 1.4 for long with all its consequences on related technologies.

In general I agree with the comments, as there are many sites that are using JVM 1.4 and will cost them out of there a while. And better known as are the production environments of large companies, where moving from J2EE 1.3 (which I think is more even than the jwee implanted 1.4) to J2EE 5 can be implemented in more than one case. I know several important settings where you can still use WebLOAD 8.1 * gic as you know works with JDK 1.4 and J2EE 1.3.

My case is that new (or recent) developments are in 1.5 but still there are still developments in 1.4 and not worth migration. I have development that must be kept but without major changes because there is no budget for it and usually come in 1.4 or 1.3 even. WebSphere 6.1 J2EE 1.4 runs, but on JVM 1.5, those who are married to this product take longer than 1 year to start moving their applications to JEE May.

Java EE embraces numerous stipulations of API such as JDBC , RMI , e-mail , JMS , Web Services , XML , etc, and identifies how to coordinate them. Java EE also features a little specifications unique to Java EE for components. These embrace Enterprise JavaBeans , servlets , portlets (following the Java Portlet specification), JavaServer Pages and numerous web service technologies. This permits developers to generate enterprise applications that are portable and scalable, while integrating with inheritance technologies. Other added reimbursement are, for example, that the application server can knob transactions, security, scalability, concurrency and management of deployed components, meaning that developers can focus extra on business logic components rather than tasks squat continuation.

Java Platform, Enterprise Edition or Java EE (previously known as Java 2 Platform, Enterprise Edition or J2EE up to version 1.4) is a programming platform, fraction of the Java platform needed to inflate and run software applications in Java programming language with N levels distributed architecture, based principally on modular software components running on an application server. The Java EE platform is defined by a requirement. Comparable to other specifications of the Java Community Process, Java EE is also considered unceremoniously as a standard because providers must meet certain requirements pursuant to state that their products conform to Java EE; standardized by the Java Community Process / PCB.