Thread: java console doesn't open from Firefox 3 with jre 6u10

java console doesn't open from Firefox 3 with jre 6u10

I am getting some difficulties to open up the console from firefox . I moved to the tools and click on the javascript console in the drop down menu. I got that the drop down menu automatically closes, but then I didn't got the JS console comes up. How do I get this again ?Do you have any suggestion regarding this !!!

Re: java console doesn't open from Firefox 3 with jre 6u10

New Java Plug-In design has detached itself from a browser process that facilitates a more robust and enhanced issues . Developers can open and reset their VM configuration through an Applet. As a evaluation, there is very small relation between a browser process and Java runtime environment executing Applets. In order to this , with the new capabilities of the New Java Plug-In, there are a lot of opportunity of more than one VMs are opened within a web page. After all, it is no longer useful to open up the Java Console through the browser menu as that will cause more confusion.

I think, the functionality on XP and Vista is different. XP does not launch the JC, but Vista does the same . I have posted the bug for this very problem on the official site.

There is no 'JavaScript Console' components on the Tools menu. It seems as just you are choosing the 'Java Console' component , which is for Java programs -- not actually for JavaScript. The 'Java Console' component doesn't browse a new window after that, it will only display the console if the page loads a Java applet.

Firefox's identity for what I would reference the JavaScript Console is the 'Error Console'. You should go for the selecting that components from the Tools menu. It should open up a new window after that..

I was also running with the same issue on a laptop installed with Fedora 10 x86_64. I spent some time going through the alternatives command tools (a linux dependent command) but didn't got any reponse at all . Then after I have just closed down the Firefox browser,go to the $HOME/.mozilla to $HOME/.mozilla.old, restarted the Firefox and the iLO2 console began to work without any issues. So then I moved on with searching out what the issue was by going the newly made .mozilla to .mozilla.new and .mozilla.old back to .mozilla. And the issue was just reproduced.