Thread: Java ME SDK 3.0-"Cannot connect to device manager" on port 1299 error HELP

Java ME SDK 3.0-"Cannot connect to device manager" on port 1299 error HELP

I have installed windows Vista 32 bit on my system. I recently have downloaded the Java ME sdk 3.0.The installed goes "successfully". I just tried to open this so many times and it gets some in the error below. In the description, Something about "Connection refused to host: localhost; DeviceManagerConnection error". Why am I receiving that error? This is the first time I finished the installation of this .

I executed the command as netstat -an, and nothing displays that something is consuming up my 1299 port. One more thing , "ping localhost" returns ::1:. And my hosts file seems very well. Windows Defender and Firewall both are turned off. Does somebody here have had this problem before ? If yes, please kindly let me know how you fix this . Thank you .

Re: Java ME SDK 3.0-"Cannot connect to device manager" on port 1299 error HELP

You have to just turn off UAC, if you find it needful . Follow the procedure to do in this way :

1- Click Start and enter into the Control Panel.

2- Select user account from the Control Panel section.

3- From the User Accounts section, click on the User Accounts.

4- From the User Accounts tasks window, click on the Turn User Account Control on or off.

5- If UAC is configured right now in Admin Approval Mode, the User Account Control message would be displayed . Click on the Continue button.

6- Clear the Use User Account Control (UAC) to help protect your computer check box,click on the OK button.

7- Click Restart Now to apply the configuration that you made recently or click on the Restart and exit from the User Accounts tasks window.

I have finished the installation of NetBeans and launched the Java ME sample and it occurred me the following error message :

Jad URL for OTA execution: http://localhost:8082/servlet/org.ne...Converter3.jad
    Starting emulator in execution mode
    C:\Users\Afamefuna\Documents\NetBeansProjects\CurrencyConverter3\nbproject\build-impl.xml:889: Execution failed with error code 1.
    BUILD FAILED (total time: 26 seconds)

I moved to the file but the stipulated statements didn't make much sense at that time . Eventually, I have done the installation of Java(TM) ME Platform SDK 3.0 but when I made the double click on its icon to launch it up then the primary splashscreen displayed up, but when the progress bar reached at the"starting modules....", it occurs me the java.net.ConnectionException error.Please suggest me what should I do in this state ...

There is some issue with your localhost configuration and you have reconfigure it again .

Please edit <javamesdk_installdir>\toolkit-lib\modules\bootstrap\conf\system.properties and reconfigure the device-manager.object-registry.host=localhost to: device-manager.object-registry.host=127.0.0.1

And one other thing that can be the causes for this issue is the Port 1299 might be taken

Please edit <javamesdk_installdir>\toolkit-lib\modules\bootstrap\conf\system.properties and change
    device-manager.object-registry.port=1299 to: device-manager.object-registry.port=1999
    Searching the forums can help you to find your answers more quickly

Thank you very much . It did work. At the point of time , I am able to open now my Java ME SDK 3.0. There is one more thing that I can add is that the person should also perform the rebooting of their computer system (I have tried logging off but it didn't perform in that, until I reboot my computer after applying the configuration that you have suggested).

And one more thing is that the NetBeans IDE 6.8 error was not fixed. Please have you any suggestion regarding this issue and if possible for a fix about this ? The output that is produced is suggested as below :-
    :
    :
    Jad URL for OTA execution: http://localhost:8082/servlet/org.ne...Converter4.jad
    Starting emulator in execution mode
    C:\Users\Afamefuna\Documents\NetBeansProjects\CurrencyConverter4\nbproject\build-impl.xml:889: Execution failed with error code 1.
    BUILD FAILED (total time: 22 seconds)