Thread: Java Console does not start

Java Console does not start

Hello,
    I am using Safari on OS X, and I view the Java Console to trace what happens when loading an applet. When I used the windows the java console would start, but now on mac I am facing some problems, the java console does not start at all. Any help regarding this topic is apprecaited. Thank you.

Re: Java Console does not start

I do have a similar kind of a problem with my computer. A prior for the Java Console in Safari, it should first open the console Panther (Console.app) then launch Safari. And suddenly the trail would be shown in the console OS X. We talk console attached to the plugin (this is the one I was looking for) but I do not know how to run it.

Output from Java applets can Be a real bread to see if you use the Java Plugin Settings to enable / disable the console Because You Have to Quit And Then restart your browser to see it the console. And the console Itself Is Not a well-behaved window. If you've ever HAD to deal with this, you know what I'm talking about. Purpose Did You Know That Also the output goes to the System Console? Just start the OS X Console App and you can see output from Java applets That Normally would go to the Java console. This works with Safari (Java 1.4.1) and Mozilla Firebird (Java 1.3.1) and Probably Other browsers as well. It's Much Easier Than fiddling with the console Provided by the Java Plugin Settings. When using the System Console, you do not get "any of the control features, like garbage collection and Such, That You Get With The plugin's console. Purpose if all you're interested in Is The output, the Console App.

So I enabled the DEBUG menu, there really is a javascript menu log, but I have no console that appears on the screen. The logs are stored where? Should I open the console X? Help I can not find the correct solution for this. Any more help regarding this is appreciated.

You did not find any other place on "console.log java" I post here. I got a message telling me that my computer had almost no room when I still had 6 gigabytes of available at the opening session. I thought the new Safari had taken place and closing it was going to reclaim the space available. But nothing. While doing research this morning, I found this file 5GB called "Java console.log". I do not know absolutely nothing. Can I safely remove?

I also found in the file that stores these files in virtual memory, cmd-shift-G and type in / var / vm OK then I had a 1GB file and others of 64 and 128MB. Ditto, can I delete them?

Normally it is the file "swap" of MacOS X. Every boot I think they are deleted. If at a given time the total memory used exceeds the size of physical memory free, a portion of memory is copied (swap out) in these files. If this memory is encored by the system, MacOSX recharge from files.