Thread: Java console application used in netbeans 5.5 ide

Java console application used in netbeans 5.5 ide

I having java console application and facing problem while using it. Here are the things that I will like to mention. I have started the application from main and it works fine and at the time I am opening the codes in the bufferedreader stream I am getting a popup. This thin is giving me more than three options. No matter which option I am going to choose the result it same, one thing that like to mention is that when I run the program through command prompt it works fine. Any suggestion related to this java console application used in netbeans 5.5 ide will be appreciated.

Re: Java console application used in netbeans 5.5 ide

I am also facing similar problem, I am using notepad and command prompt for writing and executing the code. For that I have to change between the command prompt and the notepad, this was a bit annoying. Hence I decided to use the netbeans 5.5. I was able to run the code trough the use of command prompt and notepad but I am facing problem in Netbeans. I have no idea whether I am missing some configuration for this Netbeans.

Well you have not specified the system configuration or the operating system you are having. For your information I will like to mention that normally NetBeans IDE work on the operating system that is having the support for the Java virtual machine. Here is the list of the operating system on which NetBeans normally works. Windows XP, Solaris, Mac OS X, and Red Hat Fedora. I have tested NetBeans on these operating systems hence I am confident that it will run on the following operating system.

You are saying that your IDE installer is not working, this may be because of the compatibility issues on your system, and normally this issue arises because of sax.jar in the java development kit. Try to remove the jre/lib/endorsed/sax.jar from then directory in which you have installed the JDK. If the problem is resolved then you do not need to worry but if it does not then place back the sax.jar file, or else it will cause any other problem.

I am not confident that this will help you, but you need to do this setting if you running NetBeans on SELinux. Because the thing is that Linux is not enabling the startup option of NetBeans. For this thing to run you need enable it by typing #setenforce 0 in the command line. One thing to notice here is that you must have the root privileges for this thing to work. After doing this you need to add selinux=0 to the kernel of your command line for disabling the SELinux at the time of boot up

If you are trying to open the Java source file that is not included in the project and you are trying to execute the code for the Java classes then you will be able to see any result in the compilation box. Solution for this problem is really simple you just need to create the project for the snippet of code that you are trying to execute. I hope this will help you.

I was also facing the similar problem on my windows Vista but I got the solution for this problem, if you are using Windows Vista then you should follow these things. First of all you need to run the Installer for JDK. After that disable the compatibility mode manually, and for doing this you need to right click on the installer file and then select properties from the pop up menu and the uncheck the compatibility mode.