Thread: Overlaying images in VB.Net

Overlaying images in VB.Net

I bunk two objects System.Drawing.Image. The goal is to " drop " at the forefront in the top left corner of an image , another image of smaller size ( manager possibly transparency ). The right to obtain a single image that I could insert into an Image List. What are the objects and methods I can use?
    Please help. Thanks in advance.

Re: Overlaying images in VB.Net

you can use some javascript functions, But to have one of the matches without going through server script is not win. This is usually done is that the image is made gdi (php ) or with handler (asp.net ) or filtering servlet ( jsp )
    If you want a real jpeg or gif on arrival. Otherwise if you want the interaction you have the SVG, the Silverligth or may be the flash (I do not know the programming mode flash) and the two languages is an interaction with javascript louse contact page contentment ( nb it's vector based on the xml).

We all go through a series of articles through the different ways to treat or analyze an image with . NET framework . In part , I suggest you consider ways to access the pixels of an image based on its format. We offer course code C # VB.NET code but also responding to numerous requests I have been doing. . NET framework provides a number of classes dedicated to images . The utility " Reflector " shows that these classes are thoroughly using an unmanaged API : " GDI + ". The dll used is " gdiplus.dll ".

It can be used for developments called unmanaged , like " gdi32.dll " , the old GDI API . Regarding development in the framework. NET via Interop , you can access those dlls in order to mitigate potential gaps in the Framework with regard to the pictures or drawings. It should be noted that the API "GDI + " does not take into account the optimizations associated with your graphics card. But using it , your application does not need Direct X installed on the client machine . The cons -part is that the API " GDI + " has obviously worse performance than the use of Direct X.

If the. NET framework provides access to a pixel of an image, using methods " getPixel 'and' setPixel "of the Bitmap class , this is not without consequence on the performance of your application . Imagine painting a small image of 320 pixels by 200 by adding a little blue at each pixel. We will call 64,000 times in the method " getPixel "for the pixel and 64,000 times the method " setPixel "to reassign the original color with the addition of blue. A little quick test shows that this approach is very slow. The reasons for this are simple : each time one reaches a pixel that is read or write , you go through a number of layers.

The method " LockBits "refers us an object " BitmapData " with the following properties:

1. " Width " is the width of the image or the image portion manipulated
    2. " Height "is the length of the image or the image portion manipulated
    3. " PixelFormat " is the format in which data are image
    4. " Scan0 "is the memory address of data
    5. " Stride " is the number of bytes occupied by a width of the image