Thread: JavaFX is the right choice?

JavaFX is the right choice?

Hello,
    I realize in a professional setting a "small" application of time management. This one will allow to return (CRUD application type) scores, projects, consultancy contracts and draw different graphs from the data so provided. So I would like to offer them the java. I went on a Swing application (with SqlLite for integrated data management), but I tell myself that this might be a good opportunity to get into the dev JavaFX. The application must run disconnected from the net and without application server. So thank you for your comments or suggestions.

Re: JavaFX is the right choice?

Two comments:
    - JavaFX has not yet TableView, which would be quite useful in this type of application (in many applications, in fact!).
    There are third-party implementations, but nothing native.
    - Currently, it is quite difficult to run JavaFX in disconnection from the Net ...
    Either you must connect the PC to the Internet and launch the application once. In this case the JavaFX runtime is in the cache and subsequent launches can be disconnected.
    Either you must install the JavaFX SDK ... (Heavy!)

For tables there is the Grid, this can help in 99% of cases. The thing to know is to expect to get less work done with JavaFX, so there is little value added to the project and it will be your only real project, done with the Access, definitely, if not there will always be there to answer your questions.

This is more troublesome .. But if one connection is sufficient, this will be acceptable. However, if only for the install of jre, the latest jre (6u20) does not default JavaFX? Why use sdk is it heavy? Otherwise, I see that the 1.3 associated with netbeans 6.9 just released, is it a good idea to start with this or that and the carnage will be better to stay in 1.2 / 6.8?

I was already interested in JavaFX at the output. But this clearly was not used in rural pro and lack of time, I kinda ignored it all. Level value, would have a lot to me, in the sense that I can have fun again in the dev (which I am less and less in my missions pro). After that it is on the project level, JavaFX unlikely to provide much more than I do in Access. But in my mind, this project would be a preview before you do others.

So I started with JavaFX. Discovery of examples, the environment and syntax. For cons, I try to view a list of items recovered from two tables in my database. And there apparently stuck, Managing JDBC DataSource looks pretty primitive and designed for a single table. Eg a query such as "select test have PremierNom, test.nom have SecondNom from t1, t2 will not be usable with the tools of call. To correct for sth, you would pass by classes "classic" DAO? or I missing sth? I actually found my answer: just edit the class DbDataSource and replaced by data.getColumnName data.getColumnLabel. So no worries with several columns of the same name.

I would pass directly to 1.3, not only there a few breaks compatibility but it is also far more efficient. From my side I converted my projects with the call of netbeans.