Thread: Java API for PDF

Java API for PDF

Hello,
    I am looking for an API allowing me to use PDF files in Java. If anyone know where? and documentation are thank you for the pass. Also, I had searched on the internet about the same, but no use I have not found any good information regarding the same. Thank you.

Re: Java API for PDF

Hello,
    When you say "use pdf files, what do you mean? use pdf files or display them in a java interface? I think if you need to read an pdf file in the java program, that is really easy. So, I do not think you should have any problems there. If you are trying the third party api then it is quite hard to program with that.

I want to display in a java interface (you have not? I am the java web). What I exactly want to take a picture with given? Should it be a dynamic and cr? I should included the PDF file directly in the java program. Thank you.

Hello,
    If you do the J2EE, this is not you have to display, but the browser. By cons, if you want to put given? Are in a PDF, nothing like that for exampe JasperReport? or from an xml file of that? finished the layout of the pdf file, and given? (from a database as, are for example, but not only to use), Use an PDF and you no longer have that? send to the client that the browser displays.

I am looking for a Java API for manipulating simply PDF files exist, with two very simple requirements:
    (1) delete pages (or extract, which comes just the same)
    (2) add a password

For now, I use pdftk is very good, but is not a Java API. It is called from the command line with Runtime.getRuntime (). Exec (...). Would you advise me some API?

If you are really looking at the pages pdftk, pdftk you will discover that nothing is more software is written in Java, but compiled with GCJ (GNU Compiler for Java). The original software is iText. I guess this will help you.

I just use iText (PdfStamper) to cut a multipage PDF into several PDF of a page, each protected by a password. It works perfectly for me.