Thread: Java API for doc files

Java API for doc files

Hello,
    I want to generate word document with java. I found the API of Java2COM deal with Word and Excel files. But the problem is that i can not use it. I have tried to use some of the methods and the function in the program but the problem is that it is giving some errors which I can not identify. If you have any idea regarding the same then please let me know. Thank you.

Re: Java API for doc files

I have not used this API before but you can also generate word doc with java.io.*. Just create a file as a writer and giving name xx.doc it generates a Word file well to write and read in c simple if you're interested tell me what you're looking. Besides that if you are looking for some third party api then I can not help, sorry.
    Convert Microsoft word to PDf using Java API

I actually models such documents meeting minutes, schedules living-rooms/suites that are either. doc or in. xls. I put up a web interface that will permit to enter certain parts of these documents, but I must respect the presentation of the model and therefore the font, size etc..

I frankly do not know, but I got an idea:
    From the form you generate an xml document you apply a xslt script (to style) that allows you to format your xml doc as you want. I have not done this practically, but this should help you.

I have a huge file. TXT file containing documents that I would like to turn into several. DOC. Each line in the file is followed by a suffix containing the characteristics documents to create (name, margins, font, folder, etc.). This application must be executed in batch because I have more than 5,000 documents to create everyday.