Thread: Java me sdk tool 3.0 emulator isn't working

Java me sdk tool 3.0 emulator isn't working

I would like to test some applications in the emulator. I have read and followed a dozen tutorials to install the Eclipse SDK with no eclipse , I have tried the install with multiple versions of eclipse , but whatever the type of install I always be a plugin missing , a missing lib or a config nonfunctional ; I have made CCleaner cleaning between each install / uninstall . The JDK is installed in C: \ Program Files \ Java and in C : \ Program Files ( x86) \ Java. My config : CPU 4 cores at 2.2 GHz , 4 GB of RAM running Windows Seven Home Premium 64-bit , all redistrib MS are installed. By installing and updating the SDK, I can 't even have to post the emulator by double clicking , AVD configured, running or not , after more than fifteen minutes of waiting , the environment variable path is changed to the tools directory of the SDK. Please help. Thanks in advance.
    Last edited by Rivan; 16-07-2010 at 01:37 AM.

Re: Java me sdk tool 3.0 emulator isn't working

You need to install the ADT plugin for eclipse. Here the Eclipse installation can facilitate your future developments , I suggest , initially , focus on shell commands to better control the development on Android .
    * Start eclipse
    * Help > Install New software.
    * Click on "Add " to add the " Software Sites "

Like any modern Java development , programming on Android can be done with a multitude of tools : ant , text editor , integrated development environment (IDE ) , etc. . It has in fact developed by Google of plugins that facilitate development . Plugin development assistance on Android for instance, limits the number of shares to be made to launch an application on the emulator, helping to create the GUI , etc. . The following are therefore not state methods more "low level "because it is not essential (it may even be the contrary, sometimes confusing) to inexperienced developers.

You need to start a DOS window
    - Put yourself in the tools directory (cd C : \ Android \ tools \)
    - We must recover the right target to create the avd ( Android virtual device) , for this type DOS : android target list
    - Note the number on the 1.5 version.
    - Then type : create android MonAvd avd - n -t 2 (2 is the number obtained above )
    - Creating a config Hardware will be asked : Type yes and accept all the default options except the RAM ( you can put a little more smile ... 192 or 256 this is the case ) .
    We have created a named Avd MonAvd we will eventually launch the emulator
    - Download this file (Please MoDaCo ) and unzip the folder where your file avd (c : \ documents and settings \ <user> \ . android \ avd \ MonAvd \ for XP ).

You need to Open AppManager
    - Keep pressing the application you want to copy to SD and then click Copy to SD
    - Launch and configure AndFtp
    - Hostname : ip of your phone ( shown when Swiftp start: eg 192.168.0.2)
    - Port : 21
    - The login : as defined in earlier
    - mdp : one defined above
    - the default is
    - Backup
    - Start the connection and you should see the directory / sd on your phone
    - Click Device file browser, navigate to the folder AppManager then click on the file you want to transfer to the phone and click Upload
    - The file is uploaded in the / nd of your phone and you only have to install it via AppManage.

You need to installing Eclipse and the SDK are you - don't- perhaps more simple. Indeed , simply unzip the two files in the directory of your choice ( not necessarily shared directory ) . When your files are unzipped , it may be interesting to add the folder of the SDK in the path . This will , in your future developments , easy access ( command line ) to the various tools provided with the SDK.