Thread: Java EE 6 SDK on Mac OS X

Java EE 6 SDK on Mac OS X

Hello,
    I just can not get out java ee under mac os x to run it and to get to work with eclipse jsp / servlets to develop. My tomcat is up and running eclipse, too. My first problem is: I can only download java ee without jdk, but I need to develop it? Had it installed without the jdk in / opt / SDK folder, as the proposed setup. I checked under preferences> java> installed JREs, further the installation tries to add. However, it always says "Not a JDK Root; MacOS X executable was not found." How can i fix this error? Any more hep regarding this is appreciated. Thank you.

Re: Java EE 6 SDK on Mac OS X

Java is installed by default on Mac OS X. (Otherwise Eclipse would not run) Try going into the terminal, and type java-version one. Java itself is, I think under Library / Java. The Sun implementation, you can not use in OS X. I mean to say that if you have downloaded the sun version of java it will not work as it is different for mac os x. Please read on the sun's official site regarding the same.

Thank you for the information, but I have know all the above you have discussed. However, I need java enterprise edition, so servers to Web applications for java. with jsp / servlet-api. java ee is on mac os x is missing. How do I install this package, which is missing from the software? Thank you.

The java SE and EE differ mostly only a few .jar files, but it also gives EE from apple, such views on the apple download page. Alternatively, you can install WTP in Eclipse also the module or the servlet / jsp Api from the Tomcat integrated into your project. I guess you have understood what I mean to say here.

I recommend using an EE5-like Geronimo AppServer and with the documentary and WTP, and the server plug-in is then complete with Eclipse and everything you can get started by this document, for example with a JSF-app. The documentation can be found on their official site. Tomcat is indeed available in each of next Jetty Application Server (just in JBoss, Geronimo, Glassfish ,...)! In addition, most companies still use Windows ever, and I still recommend OS X.

Have you created the project via WTP or is that an ordinary Java project? Otherwise you can about the Project Properties to assign the project libraries, either from the WebApp / lib folder, a fixed path on a disk or from defined in Eclipse / WTP sets of libraries. Unfortunately, there are dozens of different ways and some time it can be confusing too.

Do you have a server created in the project? The project itself should be at a WTP Dynamic Web Prject. Then it is easiest. (Libs from the WEB-INF/lib directory are automatically included in the project.)