Thread: Java Hashmaps in jdk 1.4

Java Hashmaps in jdk 1.4

Hi everyone, I am trying to work out on a old released jdk 1.5 code for hashmap to be converted to jdk 1.4,
    Code:
    public HashMap<String, String> getDLinkUrls() throws SQLException {
    HashMap<String, String> hashMapValues = new HashMap<String, String>();
    My code also looks like the above suggested code ... I am receiving an error message , says that invalid method declaration and return type required.. Please help me with some suggestion in conversion of my code to jdk 1.4...

Thanks ..

Re: Java Hashmaps in jdk 1.4

I am not getting properly what you actually wanted to do ? You are trying to compile that code with the 1.4 compiler? Remove out the generics. That is commonly the largest difference between the two different versions, the thing you are going to give most of your time removing.

Actually, the generics were suggested in 1.5. resolving the type of parameterizations issues such as <String, String>. However, why you are going to convert the .5 code to go with the 1.4 which seems as the mystery for me. And you are likely to run into big issues than this trivial one.

Thank you very much for this very suggestion , I have been facilitated with pre installed 1.5 in JDeveloper 10g on my client, I have started the coding, though with some complexity with the same 1.5 J2SE version. Currently , when I have completed with my application and made a WAR file for deployment, I was stated that the previously implemented Oracle application server is supporting 1.4 version and I require to convert my code within the 1.4.

I am clueless what I have to perform now .. Could you please let me know how to destroy the generics specified ?

Yeah ! why not.. you can do it very easily . I am posting the code below and I am sure it will help you remove the generic .

Code:
    List<String> list = new ArrayList<String>();
    for (String st : list) {

}

List list = new ArrayList();
    for (Iterator iter = list.iterator(); iter.hasNext();) {
      String st = (String)iter.next();

}

nealrelics Guest

It seems that I have been very careful with the source code and a few errors crept please take a look at the files in a revised version.