Thread: Flex vs Silverlight vs JavaFX

Flex vs Silverlight vs JavaFX

Hello,
    I would like to compare the different technologies, Flex, Silverlight and JavaFX. Does anyone with two or all three technologies, and can give me a few important criteria or differences that I should bring to any event in the comparison? The whole will be evaluated in relation to the SAP environment. Have now brought Flex in the SAP system up and running, and display of XML data from the SAP database can be. I have included the whole of BSP. Are there other opportunities to integrate Flex in SAP? If so, which version is better?

Re: Flex vs Silverlight vs JavaFX

With know-how in terms of SAP and JavaFX or Silverlight I can serve, unfortunately not, but here are two approaches to communication Flex <-> SAP. Besides BSPs You can also provide SOAP-based web services and consume them with Flex. Moreover, it is also possible to BlazeDS or LCDS on a SAP NetWeaver install and then access via Remoting / AMF provided directly to Java classes. Flash Islands is a feature of Web Dynpro for Flex / Flash UI elements to include - as it comes to "embellishing" the surface as the data communication looks but I have very less idea regarding the same.

I can not add much: a flex-time access to SAP Web browser allows for very elegant solutions. On the subject of Flex with SAP, there is already a long time a book, I think of Galileo or SAP Press. The Flex technology is also used in Visual Composer from SAP. Overall, Adobe technologies (Interactive Forms, PDF generation) now well integrated in SAP systems. Regarding the criteria I would mention the license and source code availability (keyword Open Source).

I have a BSP created XML page, which gets at on Request data from the SAP database and writes to the XML. I read from this XML with flex. Work does, my question is: the right way? I mean in terms of style and safety? Or else better to do that? With Web services, I know my way yet not at all, which of SAP gibts there, I need to create what? what then is my swf on an external server? What will consume as a "" of web services from Flex? What is the Visual Composer for? And one more question, there is the possibility of certain changes in SAP data to be transmitted automatically, so you can update as live statistics, and bar graphs change automatically with changes in the DB too.

So whether it is the correct way is bad, I can judge - that depends on non-technical criteria such as prior knowledge or from internal company policy too. Usually there are several "right" way. This anecdote as: a carpenter who asks for a door will receive a wooden door, there is a locksmith, a metal door. Web services, there are a lot of the SAP - but probably not true that your exact requirements. The filing of the SWF for Web services plays a minor role: typically would be the storage on an enterprise portal or an external server - on an AS ABAP, it will not go so easy.
    Visual Composer :
    Regarding automatic transmission is: I did not combined with Flex and web services known - it would be a kind of data push. Elegant could be realized with the BlazeDS. The traditional alternative is a regular query (polling) of the SAP system. An SAP system but has lots of built-in functions for data exchange with external systems - key word here would be the PI component, or XI.

Is there any data in SAP, which are constantly changing without influence from outside (Such as CPU utilization of the SAP system or something)? Would like for my test application Dynamic data from SAP with graphs displaying, so that what's driving the pushing I need data from a database table which change by itself. Is there such tables, or do I even create movements?

Specific details, I do not know. But I guess you can just open the file in your browser: "address here " and just to see what it does.

I would write myself something. When it's all about the test's data pushes, it's for Flex but totally irrelevant from where the data. If it has a professional background, then test cases are certainly helpful anyway.