Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 15-07-2010

problem with jdk installation in ubuntu

I have no idea about at which section should I post this on forum but I have just posted this here. I am getting the issues with the jdk installation in ubuntu system . I have tried the sudo apt-get command but still it doesn't functioning at all . I received the error message as :

Quote:
E: Could not get lock /var/lib/dpkg/lock - open (11 Resource temporarily unavailable)
E: Unable to lock the administration directory (/var/lib/dpkg/), is another process using it?
Someone here can help me? Please share your ideas to solve this issue..
Old 15-07-2010

Re: problem with jdk installation in ubuntu

Actually, this is the issue related with your Ubuntu package management system and you mostly found much good help in the Ubuntu experts but first of all you have to be sure about the package management .

All I are aware that this kind of issue commonly getting occurred often when something else is right now going on that requires access to the package management. So either a GUI application is executing , or you have got different package management utilities running in different terminal or some background process is doing something.
Old 15-07-2010

This can be happened because of the process complexity and collaborations and in the conclusion of all, it got incapable to load this . The most likely cause is that some different processes holding the lock and this locking preventing the way to continue the procedure for installation . The only time I got this is when I try to execute the package manager or dpkg when at the same time the system update or update check is running an as well as in the progress to complete this..
Old 15-07-2010

The complexity getting increases one after another. I have done the updates previously and thought that I am getting this type of issue just because of those updates that I ran and have done the system update. But No, this is not because of that since I have terminated different process before I try to make the installation of the jdk. Hey guys please help me, currently what's going wrong?I am really out of idea what I have to do now...
Old 15-07-2010

I was executing the apt-get upgrade but it was consuming so much time to finish this process because we are working upon the dialup so I terminated the application and assumes that it would cancel this automatically after a little time . Unfortunately, now when I try to run apt-get I get:

E: Could not get lock /var/lib/dpkg/lock - open (11 Resource temporarily unavailable)
E: Unable to lock the administration directory (/var/lib/dpkg/), is another process using it?

I have tried to do the killall -w apt-get as root but I am not sure about the procedure to kill dpkg- Any idea ?
Old 17-07-2010

I am also having this error message and the initial step to resolve this type of issue is to just kill Aptitude (or issue the command as apt-get), move to the terminal (hint: copy and paste is simplest):

Code:
 killall aptitude && killall apt-get
Unfortunately, for me,it returned the exact error message as I received previously . At last, I got it to worked out that dpkg and front end should be killed off as well, enter it within the terminal:
Code:
 killall dpkg && killall frontend

TechArena Community > Software > Software Development
Tags: , , , , , , , , ,