Thread: Where is 64-bit JDK for Windows Intel?

Where is 64-bit JDK for Windows Intel?

Hi everyone ,Does somebody are aware about this where I can download the 64-bit JDK for the Windows Intel platform? I have downloaded this before some months , but right now when I moved to the download page at the suggested location as (http://java.sun.com/javase/downloads/index.jsp) only seems to have a link for the AMD architecture. Can you all help me to find 64-bit JDK for Windows Intel ?

Re: Where is 64-bit JDK for Windows Intel?

I was considering about the exactly same thing as stated above . Has someone tried the AMD version on a Xeon? I got few of the posts from years before for version 1.5 where there were initially some issues with doing that, but eventually the bugs got resolved. In the installation guidelines for the Windows x64 version of the JDK, it refers to a download file called as : jdk-6_0_<version>-windows-x64.exe

However, when I actually try to download the file, it only contains a file suggested as jdk-6u1-windows-amd64.exe. I have few of the questions :

1- Is this file have the compatibly with the Intel processor?
    2- If not, where is the file associated with the installation guidelines ?

We now believe that it is compatible, although we don't have much time to check out the hypothesis related to this . Regardless, it would specifically be helpful if this was documented on the site properly.

Actually, x86-64 is a 64-bit microprocessor architecture and corresponding suggestions set; it is a superset of the Intel x86 architecture, which it natively make the compatibility . It was constructed by Advanced Micro Devices (AMD), who have since changed it's name with the AMD64. This architecture has also been inherited by Intel within the name Intel 64 (formerly called as Yamhill, Clackamas Technology (CT), IA-32e, and most recently Extended Memory 64 Technology (EM64T)).[1] This proves the normal use of the names x86-64 or x64 as more vendor-neutral terms to combined reference to the two nearly same implementations.

There are little bit differences between two instruction sets. Compilers commonly generates binaries which target both AMD64 and Intel 64, creating the differences primarily of interest to compiler developers and operating system developers.

According to the history of this , AMD has developed and produced processors patterned after Intel's original constructions, but in a twist of computing history, Intel got itself in the status of adopting AMD's x86-64 architecture that AMD had generated as an extension to Intel's own x86 processor line. As AMD later changed the named of its architecture to AMD64, Intel in switches has renamed their implementation Intel 64. It is used in latest versions of Pentium 4, Pentium D, Pentium Extreme Edition, Celeron D, Xeon, and Core 2 processors.