Thread: Problems patching VirtualBox s10x_u8 BE

Problems patching VirtualBox s10x_u8 BE

I havr installed a week ago VirtualBox s10x_u8 BE, I have come today to install the update 2.2.2-46594. Unfortunately during installation, the old version did not uninstall and it was impossible to install the new patch.So I tried a manual uninstall, via the control panel: same result. After some research on the Internet, it was appropriate to make some changes in key registers and use some freewares: same result, nothing has worked. Any idea? Please help.

Re: Problems patching VirtualBox s10x_u8 BE

You need to go through the only solution that works in case of installation problem : tell the system that says software is not installed . To do this we must change the database of installed programs. or this you need the tool: Windows Installer Clean Up. Its use is relatively simple : just click on the program to remove from the database:windowsinstallercleanup. Once the problematic version of VirtualBox uninstalled , you can install this time the new version without problem.

VirtualBox , visualization software open source Sun Microsystems is already available in version 3.0.0 final stamped. More powerful and complete than VirtualPC , but also free , this solution allows Windows, Mac OS X , Linux or OpenSolaris to install and use any operating system. Among the long list of new features and fixes, we note first support for Direct3D 8 and 9 for games and 3D applications . In the same vein include support for OpenGL 2.0 ( only for Linux , Solaris and Windows ) has been implemented.

I use it for a long time :
    1. virtualize servers needed for my courses : Oracle and IIS .
    2. have multiple OS and browser to test the Internet sites .
    3. and also a vm with only the software development necessary for my lectures to students and have a consistent work environment in a classroom and whatever the student 's PC .
    4. also practices for software testing and testing of modified software configurations such " hack " the registry ...
    Very good product, very stable .

For now, I used vmware directx for his support and SMP . I also like the function of quick switch to full screen (with tabs at the top of the VM and the rest in full screen) and can automatically start the VMs in this mode from the command line. I do not know if VB does that too. Virtual disk in the host file system is not too bad on VMW . Level snapshot, I do not know ocmment VB works if you can do with different branches as VMW ( and I also need this). If virtualbox does all that now , I'll certainly go to VB if not . With 2.2 under Vista, I had some problems of stability ( in the VM crash debian without reason ). v3 I will try this some time to get an idea and whether I migrate.

Check the steps:
    • Fixed a problem that could prevent 64 -bit guest operating systems run on a 32-bit host .
    • Fixed several issues related to technology VT -x and AMD -V.
    • Deleting a flaw that could allow execution of commands with the privileges of type root .
    • Fixed several concerns related to Linux and using sysfs if hal is not available.
    • Snow Leopard: Fixed a concern that sometimes did not start the virtual machine graphical session .