Thread: Want to host a website

Want to host a website

HI ALL,
    How can i host my own Website. Can anyone please help me.......

Re: Want to host a website

For hosting a website the least or minimum essentials required will be :
    • Buying a server ... good one probably DELL
    • Installing Linux or Apache
    • Getting a static IP or more easily BUYING one
    • Devloping a web App
    • Maintaining it and powering your web services

I think this is enough .....

Sorry i dont want to demotivate you but thid is what i think it is not at all practical to host a website on your home computer. You should be using a server model .... that is sure.... to do such a thing. Even if you are simply using a home system, you should be running a server operating system.

It is also expensive to maintain a hosting environment. There is also ISP to take care of , you will need to set your server i.e, web server with your ISP. Some ISP's will automatically shut your connection down if you attempt to set up hosting without getting a hosting package. Most will simply shut down once your dynamic IP is changed. there is also a case to think for your IP whether it is static or dynamic, you will need to obtain a static IP (actually, you'll need a group of them if you want to host several sites) so the website doesn't break every time the IP changes. This will increase your bill significantly. If you are hosting more than a few sites, you will need a faster connection as well.

You can see how hosting becomes expensive, fast. If you want to start a hosting business, you should have at least 100k (500k would be ideal) to invest into equipment and other startup cost.

To host your own website, it is significantly cheaper to go through a hosting service (because of all the above considerations). You will spend a fraction on a hosting service of what you would on getting and maintaining a static IP.

Again would like to tell that this is not for demotivating you ....

All the best

Hi,
    According to me if you're expecting a lot of traffic to it, then hosting a web site from your home can be troublesome because most residential internet services have very small upload bandwidth compared to the available download bandwidth.

You'd want your server with as much upload bandwidth that's available, which usually means a high end business-class connection.

You can follow the steps given below:
    • Web Design

What will be the features and the Look-Feel component of your Web Site...

• Web Space Requirements & Bandwidth Analysis

What will it take in terms of web hosting to accommodate the web design in Estimate the host disk space and monthly traffic requirements. How will you create the web pages? Web authoring software.....

• Domain Name Registration

Do you actually need one, effectively selecting domain name

• Web Hosting

Choose a web hosting service that meets your web site design requirements in second step. Web host comparisons, criteria driven searches, expert reviews, QA process.

• Web Development

Build the web pages. Take proper concerns in coding, testing, validating, uploading and performance concerns.

• Web Site Promotion

Getting your web site indexed. Search engine promotion and submission strategies. Proper keyword selection. Search engine ranking and web site optimization rules.

• Web Site Maintenance

Ongoing web site promotion, traffic analysis, web site performance, links testing, popularity testing, host performance.

Hoping it helps you to get the best from your web site .....

rameshramaiah Guest

Down Re: Want to host a website

Quote Originally Posted by Hamish View Post
    Hi,
    According to me if you're expecting a lot of traffic to it, then hosting a web site from your home can be troublesome because most residential internet services have very small upload bandwidth compared to the available download bandwidth.

You'd want your server with as much upload bandwidth that's available, which usually means a high end business-class connection.

yes i thought of hosing a website own but yes i would be very difficult to maintain everything as a single person untill and unless u know something what u r doing.

u should have a good knowledge about it. right?

lindapret112 Guest

Thanks for sharing this useful information. It's great.

magichost Guest

ThumbsUp Re: Want to host a website

Great explanation by "coolbhavin "....

Most important thing to is get the domain as early as possible is it is the name is decided ... even if all other things are not ready..

Once you have ur site ready you can buy hosting package and host your site..

Always make sure that you have control panel for your domain name..

I Hope this helps