Thread: Java ME SDK device manager problem

Java ME SDK device manager problem

Hello,

I experiment around with the J2ME development and push for the Java ME SDK to problems whose solution I could find , even after an intensive search :

1 ) If I create a new project, I can select a device. How do I know which device to my phone compatible? E.g. a Nokia 6230i. Is it a CldcPhone , CldcJtwiPhone1 one or perhaps two or even one CldcMsaPhone1 ? Is there a list somewhere ?

2) I would like to start once the Device Manager , but the option is grayed out in the taskbar. How can I start it ?

3) I have downloaded SDK for Nokia s40 and s60 Series. In Eclipse , I can embed it and start their emulators. (How) can I include this in the Java ME SDK?

Any help regarding this is appreciated. Thank you.

Re: Java ME SDK device manager problem

Hello
    I do not know if you need it yet but:

1) For your cell phone is important to:
    Profile/MIDP-2.0
    Configuration/CLDC-1.1
    Nehru simply a device that has those things . Smile (If enough normal CldcPhone )

2) How to start I 've not yet found out . But if you ever ne .jar / .jad you can find the start . jad on the console. Call in as:
    Code:
    emulator.exe - Xdevice : DefaultCldcPhone1 - Xdescriptor : C: \ WorkspaceME \ Program Name \ deployed \ Programname.jad
    Whereby for your mobile DefaultCldcJtwiPhone1 also is suitable.

3) Need not embed if you can run it in Eclipse , right?

Hello,
    I have an LG Widget SDK that runs. That the Device Manager can be accessed again filesystem. Only premiums Arena, can not become most popular related, he finds it, says "you connected" 2 seconds later disco. Do I need to enter certain ports or does the nit to the arena? I am trying this with java ME. Thank you.

So, for me it's the same problem, I think that this device manager is not designed for KM900, you have to see what time will bring updates, handy or you need to bring myself into the service menu test usb mode or something. Also there are other version everything that you and I am using the older version of java me to do this. I think even you should have a try to this.

In the program folder contains information.
    C: \ LGMobile \ JavaME_SDK_13 \ tools \ Device Manager \ readme.rtf
    C: \ LGMobile \ JavaME_SDK_13 \ tools \ Device Manager \ Help \ DM_UsersGuide.pdf
    It is necessary to register in the readme.rtf

SOFTWARE REGISTRATION :
    - First of all, you need to install the Device Manager software.
    - Run application through Program Menu. Special dialog box will notify you that registration is required. Proceed with "Register" button to obtain your "Registration Code". Type your name and company title, and press "Submit" button.
    - Device Manager will automatically prepare registration request and open with your default e-mail client (eg Microsoft Outlook).
    Send registration request by e-mail to our technical support service (devnet@ lge.com).
    - If you have an inter-corporate version of DeviceManager, please ask your system administrator to perform the required software registration steps.
    - In successful way, you will receive special Windows registry (*. reg) file with an "Activation Key". Apply this file to perform Device Manager software activation.
    - Run application and check your software registration in the Help menu -> About.
    - Microsoft Windows 2000 Server, Windows 2000 Professional, Windows XP Home Edition, Windows Server 2003 family, Windows Vista are registered trademarks of Microsoft Corp.. in the United States and / or other countries.

Then under
    C: \ LGMobile \ JavaME_SDK_13 \ tools \ OnDeviceDebug
    PDF are here
    C: \ LGMobile \ JavaME_SDK_13 \ tools \ OnDeviceDebug \ docs