Thread: Eclipse Helios: Is the Flash Builder 4 plugin supported

Eclipse Helios: Is the Flash Builder 4 plugin supported

I in recent times discovered that an innovative version or description of eclipse has been released codenamed: Helios. I am wondering if anybody had several issues by means of installing the most recent Flash Builder plug-in. Be supposed to I run off the 32 bit version or description of eclipse or be able to I utilize the 64 bit version. The additional significant thing is to create certain that the contents of the file in the links directory contains “path=C:/Program Files/Adobe/Flex Builder 3 Plug-in” containing the path= part. I imagine I tried it without the path= once and it failed.

Re: Eclipse Helios: Is the Flash Builder 4 plugin supported

I immediately tried installing the flash builder 4 plugin on Eclipse Helios and even though the installation accomplished productively, I cannot open the Flash perspective or observe anything at the entire that hints to the plug-in being installed. Generally, when you first start up the idea (previous to you register your flash builder) you get a Flex prompt and I do not get that moreover. My suggestion: Stick by means of Galileo until somebody says otherwise.

Which Helios distro did you download and install into. In addition, are you on Mac or Win. If you be able to zip up your workspace log and connect it to this thread, I determine to take a look to observe if there are clues. I was capable to install FB4 Plug-in productively into the one named "Eclipse IDE for Java Developers" (32-bit version) by means of my Flash perspectives the entire showing up generally. Make a note of that if you previously have FB4 Plug-in installed, you be able to simply copy the connection file from the dropins folder of the bundled copy of eclipse, and paste it into the dropins database of your copy of Helios. This would be helpful, for illustration, if you desire to try the entire in excess of again by means of a fresh copy of the eclipse 3.6 Java distro.

That's an extremely dissimilar tribulations - kloysen reported no error on installation, additional than is not seeing Flash perspectives obtainable at runtime. The installation errors you are describing are sometimes the consequence of a corrupted installer download. If you re-download the installer and try the entire in excess of again, does that similar error tranquil occur when trying to unpack the zip file. Try this first without a custom copy of eclipse, to create certain that the bundled copy of eclipse gets installed first. Subsequent to getting that working successfully, you be able to drop the link file into an alternate copy of eclipse, if you desire, as described.

I went to "C:\Documents and Settings\goncalo.santos\Local Settings\Temp" and cleaned the "Adobe Flash Builder 4 Plugin" folder. Seems you were accurate, the first time installing the file must have encompass been corrupt. The additional tries were using the similar extracted data of the first installation. I immediately installed Eclipse Helios (32bit) and pointed Eclipse to the Flex 4 Builder Plugin via the "links folder" technique; no necessitate reinstalling Flash Builder.

The Adobe tranquil has not released an bring up to date for its popular Flex Builder 3 plug-in that would create it compatible by means of the most recent version or description of Eclipse. Those of us who rely on the plug-in for Flex/Air development are tranquil stuck using Eclipse 3.4 (Ganymede), or trying a numeral of physical install attempts, illustrate here and here, neither of which worked for me.

Adobe has informally recognized the tribulations via its bug-tracking system, FB-21284 and FB-21025 (login required), even though they have comprised not publicly announced when a solution determine to be obtainable. By means of the planned release of Eclipse 3.6 (Helios) at present less than 5 months away, it makes you wonder when and even if the problem determines to be addressed.