Thread: Flex 4 How to set background image in Vgroup

Flex 4 How to set background image in Vgroup

I have encompassed using v flex 4 vgroup to set background image. Additional than image was not display. Subsequent to upgrading a project from Flex4 Beta1 to Beta2, I have originated that the background-image style is no longer supported on Halo apparatus. Additional than this is not using a spark skin, immediately a standard Halo apparatus. It's not too hard to copy the defaulting skin and add a background to it. On the other hand, you be supposed to in addition be capable to utilize the previous Halo skin to get the backgroundImage maintain, if that's what you prefer. I believe you desire to tell your VBox to utilize mx.skins.halo.HaloBorder.

Re: Flex 4 How to set background image in Vgroup

The groups are not skinnable containers so do not have contain the capability to set a background image (you might always expand group if you required to). You would be superior of using a skinnable container and set its layout to perpendicular. To set a background image modify the skin and add the image. Strange I presently resorted to making a Skin accomplishment and applying it to a SkinnableContainer. I was compiling using the Beta 2 release of Flex 4 as well. Extremely strange certainly.

I am working with the beta 2 build that was released within the most recent few weeks. Build 4.0.0.253292. You be able to upgrade your build if you are not working with the most recent, additional than you be able to in addition try to clean the project. It might presently be getting confused. In addition create certain your browser is not caching the swf, which sometimes occurs when the file size does not change considerably.

The Peters BorderContainer technique runs for me. It’s disconcerting as it’s not able to be seen in Design Mode, immediately when you run it. I guess BorderContainer is the Flex 4 corresponding to mx:Canvas. The entire I am trying to center my labels underneath my image inside my VGroup. The labels are aligning to left at present and it seems similar to HorizontalAlign is not running on spark component. Anybody be familiar with how to fix it.

This runs well at present. At present I am able to get repeating background images unswervingly in the code as well as in my CSS style sheets. This looks superior and helps me a lot as there are lots of occasions for me using this. I have comprised gotten used to having repeating image backgrounds in HTML and missed that in Flex 3. This characteristic alone makes shifting to Flex 4 worthwhile.

If you learn how to program using ActionScript 3, you determine to almost certainly integrate large amounts of ActionScript code into your Flex projects to make available multifarious event handling. In the meantime, it is probable to make available simple event handlers in Flex by embedding an extremely diminutive amount of ActionScript code in your Flex code. The defaulting vertical layout occurs when the layout characteristic is not specified as is the case in this Application.

The MX components in Flex 4 permit you to utilize Spark skins, and Adobe uses Spark skins by defaulting so that MX and Spark components in the similar submission look similar to they belong together. Perceptibly, Spark skins hold up or maintain dissimilar functionality than Halo skins, and at present you are expected to tweak the skins if you desire them to look dissimilar (except for a number of simple color styles). Considering how creative designers are able to be, this is a much superior approach than using only CSS for the reason that it's way additional flexible, additional than it catches people familiar by means of the Flex 3 workflow by surprise.