Thread: Gumbo FlexGlobals.topLevelApplication data binding issues

Gumbo FlexGlobals.topLevelApplication data binding issues

What is the not compulsory method to bind a data source of a sub-component to a Bind able collection in the top level submission location. In 3, for this I would utilize {Application.application.instance_of_bindable_variable}, at present I get a warning saying that data binding determine to not be capable to detect assignments to {FlexGlobals.topLevelApplication.instance_of_bindable_variable} so, how do I bind a data source of a sub-component to a changeable instantiated at the Application level in Flex 4.

Re: Gumbo FlexGlobals.topLevelApplication data binding issues

I added a significance statement to mx.core.Application to the constituent and cast the FlexGlobals.topLevelApplication call, as you recommended, and it determine to not locate the property at present: "Error 1119, to have right of entry of probably undefined property." I am trying to bind to a public ArrayCollcection that is marked by means of metadata as bind able in the toplevelApplication mxml file.

The project is imported from a Flex 3.x development and we are trying to shift it in excess of. Would it substance if the namespace for the script tag is mx vs fx. My bad, as an alternative of Application utilize the name of your application MainApp (FlexGlobals). Some possessions for several readers paying attention, the name of the app is the actual name of the defaulting mxml submission file, in our case its basically called, index.mxml, as opposed to the name property that you be able to assign to the Application tag.

I spoke too soon. Tranquil no binding detected. I be able to reference index.myArrayCollection unswervingly additional than I get an error that I am trying to cal and undefined technique from side to side a reference to a static Class. Is the defaulting Application file compiled into a static class. Will I necessitate shifting the source of these bind able arrays outside the most important application file.

aisloy15 Guest

I like your discussion.Thank you very much.

I am getting the compiler warning; explanation Resource Path Location Type. Data binding determine to not be capable to detect assignments to "topLevelApplication". Regardless, what do I do if I desire to bind to a global additional than utilize it in multiple submissions.

You might define a common interface that together applications implement if you desire to utilize the exact similar code in two dissimilar apps. I imagine you would get the similar warning in 3.x if you used "{myApp1(Application.application).someVar}" I would try presently ignoring the warning and observe if it works. If not, I would suggest placing the entire app data you desire to bind to in a data model as an alternative.

I am a one man shop and this touches 74 files, in one assignment for one consumer. I have encompass in excess of 400 compiler warnings. I approximate to keep them as clean as probable, for the reason that once in an extremely great at the same time as they actually save my bacon. Embarrassment on me for using global. Embarrassment on the Flex team for the entire the "make work" for uncomplicated contractor trying to create ends meet. You might desire to cast to Application though.