Thread: Adobe Photoshop CS4 English Language Pack Error: Error 2

Adobe Photoshop CS4 English Language Pack Error: Error 2

It is now more than three days trying to install photoshop eXtended cs4 trial version on my computer, but several problems arrive :

- at the end of the installation, it says " install with errors " when I did learn more and report it says it is error 2
    - At startup after installing photoshop , it tells me that something is missing in the program and that I must reinstall .
    I already try to install it 4 times by disabling my anti - virus and cutting internet, you have an idea ? My pc is a Vista Home Edition 32bit.Thank you for your help in advance

Re: Adobe Photoshop CS4 English Language Pack Error: Error 2

My solution is actually very simple .
    a ) Click on Start of vista
    b) Click Run and type cmd or directly type cmd in the search box in Vista
    c) Press ENTER a DOS window ( window with black / gray writing ) appears on the screen .
    d ) Type : cd c : \ windows \ system32 then press ENTER
    e ) Type : regsvr32.exe -U jscript.dll then ENTER
    f ) A window then appears to say that jscript.dll file has been successfully registered dice . Sometimes you can get an error message, this is not serious please disregard .
    g ) Type : regsvr32.exe jscript.dll then ENTER
    h ) A window then appears to say that the file in jscript.dll been saved on your computer .
    i) You just have to close the DOS window and restart the installation of Adobe products .

For those interested, it seems that Adobe products using the software " Install shield " that uses the JScript programming language to run the installation process. Apparently at times , there would be files installed by other applications that hijack functions Jscript.dll so the fact of rerecorded can re associate the problematic functions corresponding to Jscript.dll file.

On Windows, do Start - > Run and type the command " regedit " (later made into ) . Once in Regedit , export the key " HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE / SOFTWARE / Adobe / " to a file that you can call " adobe.reg ", then copy this file on Ubuntu , convert it to ASCII command
    Code:
    $ recode ucs- 2 .. ascii adobe.reg
    Then type
    Code:
    $ wine regedit adobe.reg

The procedures in this document are based on the Windows interface by default, except the Control Panel . The steps in this document that refer to the Control Panel Classic view concern . It is possible to switch the Control Panel in Classic view using the option located on the left side of the panel configuration. The procedure presented in this document that refers to the Control Panel on the Classic view.

To recreate the preference files in Photoshop, follow these steps :
    1. Quit Photoshop.
    2. Rename the Users \ [ username ] \ AppData \ Roaming \ Adobe \ Adobe Photoshop CS4 \ Adobe Photoshop CS4 Settings \ Adobe Photoshop CS4 Adobe Photoshop CS4 in Prefs.psp Prefs.old .
    3. Start Photoshop . Photoshop creates an Adobe Photoshop CS4 Prefs.psp